The New Electric Slide...this Is A Workout!!!!

Lounge By stephanie214 Updated 5 May 2008 , 4:01am by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
post #1 of 12

WOW, this new slide is really a workout...need to have a good heart icon_surprised.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2299120299516682162

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif forgot to mention that the lady holding her dress with the halter style top in the black dress and tall heels is ME...wishful thinking icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

11 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:28am
post #2 of 12

I should have read this closer, just almost looked my eyes out trying to find YOU!

The video is very hard to see, but the dance does look like fun!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:21am
post #3 of 12

Hey Stephanie! How are you? Long time no chat with! I watched the video--I'm so amazed--it looks so cool, but I have a hard time doing the actual Electric Slide! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have no coordination on my feet. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:34am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I should have read this closer, just almost looked my eyes out trying to find YOU!

The video is very hard to see, but the dance does look like fun!

Janice...got ya icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I think that I will be leaving this slide alone...too much for me, I'll stick with the regular and the cubic slide...feet stay on the floor icon_wink.gif

Did kitty get up and try it? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:48am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

Hey Stephanie! How are you? Long time no chat with! I watched the video--I'm so amazed--it looks so cool, but I have a hard time doing the actual Electric Slide! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have no coordination on my feet. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hey Missy, it has been a long time icon_surprised.gif ...we have to catch up icon_lol.gif

If I was younger...I would definitely give it a try...ah, the young icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can't believe the ladies in those heels not missing a beat or stumbling icon_rolleyes.gif

Believe it or not, my sister who is 61 tapedshut.gif watched the video and actually caught on in five minutes icon_surprised.gif ...of course, it didn't hurt that she belongs to a dance group icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:40am
post #6 of 12

Ok so now you should see me...nothing else to do here tonight so I turned this on and tried to do it.... not doing too bad, but let me tell you our security thinks I'm on something! icon_lol.gif

veejaytx Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:47am
post #7 of 12

The video is so dark, I can't really tell much about the steps, and I've never done the dance at all. How are you all seeing whats happening?

stephanie214 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

Ok so now you should see me...nothing else to do here tonight so I turned this on and tried to do it.... not doing too bad, but let me tell you our security thinks I'm on something! icon_lol.gif

flayv,

At least you are trying...I'm to chicken icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Send me a video of your practice...I'll rate you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Janice, it was kinda dark in the place...people don't like a lot of light on the dance floor. The person that did the videoing must have forgot to set it for darkness so that it would be lighter on the video.

I wish I didn't have this RA, I would learn it...wouldn't have to worry about my knees and feet icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

veejaytx Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 12

You know, now that you mention it, I vaguely remember preferring not too much light when I was dancing, and I did quite a bit of it a few years ago!

I know what you mean about the RA, my knees are so bad these days it is a challenge to walk, so I won't be attempting the slide or a glide, etc. LOL

Definitely does look like fun!

stephanie214 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 12

Janice,

icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif The darkness help hide our imperfections icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

veejaytx Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 12

Imperfections? You? Me? Neva!

stephanie214 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:01am
post #12 of 12

I so agree...boy, we are so young...bad knees and all icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%