Ace Of Cake Live Taping In So. Calif On 8/15 And 8/16

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 10:42am by lchristi27

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:53am
post #1 of 5

To all Ace of cake fans-

Duff, Mary Alice and Geof will be taping their ACE OF CAKE show live on Friday, August 15th and Saturday, August 16th in Anaheim, CA (near Disneyland).

Also a cake competition is scheduled that weekend. There is also a Food expo. Please visit www.abfevents.com for more information.

Hope any ACE of CAKE fans can attend the live taping.

Now I will sign off from cc forum. I only just wanted to share the information about the taping, Bye

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:19am
post #2 of 5

Thanks for sharing the info, again. icon_smile.gif

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 5

Ooohhh! I'll be there with my niece. Who is crazy about them. Thanks for the 411.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 5

Is anyone else going to this? I just saw the ad for it in today's LA Times. I'd seen bundtdiva's OP but didn't really "compute" the whole food expo thing till today, I thought it was just an Ace of Cakes event (sorry for not paying better attention bd!). From the abfevents site she linked to: "This is Southern Californiaâs Premier Food Event Featuring TV Celebrity Chefs, Top-Shelf Gourmet Foods and Beverages, Wine Tasting, Celebrity Autographs and Photos! Enjoy everything the Gourmet Industry and Celebrity Chefs have to offer"

The website shows the Duff/Mary Alice/Geoff appearances will be at 12/2:30/4:30p Fri and 10:30/1:30/3:30 Sat. "30 minute performance". What does that mean? Is it a cake demo? Or are they just up there chatting and doing photo opps?

There is a cake competition with Art Institute culinary students ...it sounds kind of cool, they have to construct/decorate onsite, they can only bring in baked cakes and only 60% of their decorations can be premade, other than that the whole cake must be assembled/carved/decorated/crafted onsite during exhibition hours, while everyone walks by and watches them! icon_eek.gif

Sounds interesting, but does anyone know if the event is really worth attending? Getting to Anaheim is a PITA and of course they neglect to mention the additional $15 parking fee on top of the $25 admission. Any opinions??

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:42am
post #5 of 5

I'm going! My company is sponsoring the event so I get to go and check it out. I'm so excited. Taking my mom with me, it's her birthday on the 16th. We have tickets for Duff on Saturday at noon..anyone else? This is going to be such a cool show!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%