Mini Princess Cakes

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm by matwogirls

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 4:27am
post #1 of 4

So is there a cost effective way of making 4-10 mini doll cakes? I was thinking that I could cover the little cakes and have my daughters friends decorate them with candy, or icing or something and take them home. and I was thinking that I could make a cake with a RI tiara on top for the cake to cut up. My daughter wanted Jasmine from Aladdin, but I haven't used gumpaste before (if that is what I even use) to make Jasmine. And I am just to tired right now to learn a complete new trick. This is for my daughters 4th birthday. Would this be not a good idea for this age group? I think my daughter would love it. Any suggestions on what I can bake the cakes in?

Thanks
Janice

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 11:18am
post #2 of 4

I think is sounds like a great idea.

Now for jasmine, can you just find a doll to put on top of the cake, when my children were little they loved it if i put a toy on top of their cakes, cause then they got something to play with after the cake was gone. And its a very special thing to have the toy off the cake.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 4

Are you talking about Jasmine for the cake everyone will eating or the little doll cakes? If it's the big cake, could you make her headband with RI or fondant and ice the cake in light teal (to match her outfit of course!)? It's a twist on the tiara idea, but I think it would be cute.

The doll on top is a good idea too!

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 4

sorry, sometimes I am thinking but forget to write down what I am thinking. I am wondering how to make 4-10 mini doll cakes, is there a pan out there, or do I just pour a little bit of batter in my large wonder mold?

Thanks,
Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%