Purple & Gold Bridal Shower

Decorating By ConnieSue Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 1:44am by Petit-four

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 8

Someone please help me come up with an idea for a bridal shower cake. Purple and Gold, 75 people. . . . . . icon_cry.gif I am drawing a blank!!!

7 replies
Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 8

Luster dust makes a wonderful gold when brushed onto dried butter-cream, or better-yet, dry Royal icing.

The colors seem quite regal -- is the wedding/shower going to be quite formal? You could make up a cake in the Lambeth style (a formal, Edwardian look).

If the shower/wedding is not quite that formal, then perhaps purple violets with tiny gold pearls would be feminine, yet not quite so grand. I find if I make the fondant a warm yellow, then brush them with gold, the pearls have a nice rich hue to them. Maybe sprinkle them over a light-violet cake with cornelli lace.

Hope this helps out a bit. icon_smile.gif (You make lovely cakes, by the way!)

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 8

I think the corneli lace with the gold pearls sounds like a good idea for this shower. I haven't tried to make gold pearls yet, that sounds like fun!
Thanks for the idea!

Petit-four Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 8

You're welcome, ConnieSue. Just send me a PM if you have any questions about the pearls.

Here's a picture...it's isn't great, but it might give you some ideas.
LL

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 8

Quick tip for coloring pearls - let them dry a bit so they don't stick together, place in round container (like Gladware) with your dust and swirl around til they're covered. Very little mess and easy! icon_smile.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

Quick tip for coloring pearls - let them dry a bit so they don't stick together, place in round container (like Gladware) with your dust and swirl around til they're covered. Very little mess and easy! icon_smile.gif

Oooooh! What a great tip. THANKS

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 8

I put mine in a zip lock baggie, and shake them up !

Petit-four Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:44am
post #8 of 8

Beachcakes...yes! I do exactly the same thing! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%