Help!!! Emergency

Decorating By lolobell Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm by busymom9431

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:18am
post #1 of 3

Okay, here's the thing....I am baking a princess cake using the dome shaped pan from Wilton.....I have baked this very same cake many times before with no problems. For some reason today...maybe it's the rainy day and weird weather, it will NOT rise in the middle. SOOOO, there is a giant hole where cake should be. I am using a box cake mix (Pillsbury Funfetti) as requested by the customer....I have used it before, again with no problem. This cake is due tomorrow...it's 10:30 PM and I am at a loss. I have tried it twice now. HELP! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marianne

2 replies
SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 3

Can you carve the middle out of one and layer the done pieces of the other inside the cavity? If you're going to bake it again bake it slower, with a couple of metal skewers stuck through it. I learned this the hard was with one of the 3D pans; skip the heating core, use three skewers. I wish you luck on your cake.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 3

I know your cake is long gone by now but I hope it worked out. Just wanted to share.........a cake I did last night was a disaster. It was rainy/yucky all day. The first cake was too moist I guess and broke into a million pieces when I was flipping it (this has NEVER happened to me before). The second cake hit the floor. So I was almost crying when I took the third one out of hte oven. But it was fine. Funny how things happen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%