I Need Help With A Baby Shower Cake...

Decorating By Pearl70 Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:07am by Pearl70

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 12:57am
post #1 of 5

I just found out that my nephew and his wife are expecting twin boys . The shower is in may. here is the question, they are wanting to do a sheetcake,and I want to do the baby figures with fondant laying on a blanket. The cake will be a 12x18 sheet cake. How big do I need to make the baby figures and the blanket so it looks balanced out? I dont want it to little and have alot of room around the figures that is blank looking. I hope this makes since.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated
Pearl

4 replies
bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:13am
post #2 of 5

HOW SWEET CONGRAD...I WOULD DO THEM REGULAR SIZES AND ADD TEDDY BEARS OR OTHER LITTLE THINGS IF YOU GO TO THE GALLERY THEY HAVE LOTS OF GREAT IDEAS.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:14am
post #3 of 5

I don't know if it helps, but in my pics I have a 12x18 Buzz lightyear cake. Buzz was about 2 1/2" to 3" tall and IMO way too small...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

O.k. what you do is make an area - oval, round or even rectangle by piping a border inside the edge of the cake - about 2-3" in. Between the edge & the boarer fill in w/cornelli or jimmies/sprinkles or airbrush it a different color. Now your small figures will look great in the smaller area.
You can surround this border w/flowers on an upper & lower corner or around the top 2/3rds or at each of the 4 corners.
I have a few pix in my photos that will help you see what I'm talking about. The graduation cakes and a couple of others.

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 5

thanks for the ideas, i will be doing alot of searching

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%