Giant Cookies

Business By vickster Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 9:46pm by CelebrationsbyLori

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone do the giant cookies that are decorated? My business is in a college town and I think I could attract some business if I offered the "happy birthday" cookie. What all is involved in that? Do you know where I can find info on how to make them?
Thanks.

3 replies
shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 4

Are you talking about something like Great American Cookie Company in the mall? I think I saw a thread one time discussing where they get the icing they use on their cookies.

I'm sorry I don't know how to add a link to a thread. But maybe if you did a search in the forums for Great American Cookie Company.

HTH!!!

ResaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ResaB Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

I use to work as an assistant manager for the Great American Cookie Co. when I was in college. We used the same cookie dough for the giant cookies that we used for the regular cookies. We had templates (big plastic frames with the shape cut out of the middle) for all of the giant cookies except the pan size which is the large rectangle one.

We would take the templates and place them on parchment paper and pound out the cookies which basically means that we would spread the dough in out in the template, for the pan cookie we would just pound it out directly on the parchment paper that was the correct size for the cookie sheet. If I am remembering correctly I think they were about 1/4 inch thick, and I believe that we baked them at about 350, but I do not remember for sure how long, it has been several years.

After they were cool we would take a cardboard back(they were like the Wilton cake boards) the correct size for the cookie and flip it on to it and remove the parchment paper and cut off any that stuck out past the cardboard. We would then put another cardboard on the back side and flip it right side up. Then of course we would decorate them.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 4

I do these all the time, very popular! I use the same cookie dough as my small cookies and I bake them in a regular cake pan. I offer 10, 12, or 14" round, square, or heart and in chocolate chip, sugar or fudge brownie. People really like them and they are fresh baked and decorated however they want! I'd say GO FOR IT! Just get your dough in there nice and even and check them often until you get the hang of the baking time. It will vary on your recipe!
Lori

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%