Making/ Attaching A Flower Cascade To A Cake

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm by 7yyrt

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

How do you di it without tearing having the weight of the flowers pull the cake apart? I'm confused! icon_cry.gif

I have a friend who wants a three tier stacked wedding cake - 14", 10", and 6". All buttercream, with a fondant pearl border. The middle layer will have lots of tiny fondant pearls all over it. (That's another question - how the heck do I attach tiny fondant pearls to buttercream?!!!)

Anyway, she wants a cascade of stargazer lillies and white roses going from the top of the cake going down and wrapping around to the bottom. The flowers are all silk. How do I do this? I've never made a cake with a floral cascade before. I don't have a clue! LITERALLY! HELP!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 6

The fondant pearls could be attached with tweezers.

The cascade of silk flowers:
I would measure the width of the 12" cake pan and add 2".
Allow 4" fo each of the 3 tiers plus amount of cascade that would be on the top tier.... ~ 5". Add another 2" for cake seperato plates adding to the height of the cake.

Make a cascade of the flowers she wants, wiring the flowers together.
Secure the top of the cascade using a food safe method.

Cascade it down the sides and around the bottom afterr applying the fondant pearls....

Misdawn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 6

How do you wire them together? This may seem like a silly question, but I'm telling ya, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 6
Misdawn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for that link! That's a great site!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 6

You're very welcome. Glad you like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%