I Need A Doctored Recipe For A White Cake.

Decorating By lovetofrost Updated 6 May 2008 , 2:19pm by lovetofrost

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 10

I have looked in the recipe section and didn't see what I was looking for so I thought I'd go to the forums and see what you smart people have to say. She wants a white 1/4 sheet cake with chocolate frosting. Thanks so much for your help.

9 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 10

I use Pillsbury Plus white cake mix, and seriously, it's pretty good so I don't do much doctoring on this one(I do much more on my other flavors). I use buttermilk for the liquid and add some Almond flavoring and that's it.

HTH

lovetofrost Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #3 of 10

cakedout thanks so much for your post. i tried that and it was WONDERFUL. It tasted like a true birthday cake should taste like. I have thoroughly enjoyed my scraps.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:56am
post #4 of 10

I use a plain white cake mix, substitute milk for the water, butter for the oil and use whole eggs. After it's mixed, I add about a cup of melted white chocolate or white candy melts. My husband loves it!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:15am
post #5 of 10

Why not use the White Almond Sour Cream cake here in the recipes? It seems to be the most popular white cake all around. I use it and love it. thumbs_up.gif

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #6 of 10

A little late to help you out, however I did this and it was a HUGE HUGE hit!

White cake mix ( I use either betty crocker or Dunkin hines)

1 box white chocolate Jello pudding
Use milk instead of water
4 whole eggs
Butter instead of Oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon juice (you don't even taste it)
(the baking soda and lemon juice allows the cake to melt in your mouth)
I got the idea from the back of a bisquick box (melt in your mouth pancakes - they are my families favorite pancakes of all time and my husband doesnt like pancakes) I just followed the extra add ins and the cake turned out the same way -- so delish!

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:50am
post #7 of 10

This is what I do: Pillsbury white cake mix, sub the water for a can of coconut milk, use 1/4 cup oil instead of 1/3, add a teaspoon of vanilla and a teaspoon of creme bouquet. It doesn't taste coconut-y, just creamy and the texture is very fine, it's delicious!

lovetofrost Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 10

thank you all for the new ideas. i will definitely be trying them. I was looking for the WASC, but couldn't remember the acronym and couldn't find it. I really appreciate you sharing your recipes. Thanks.

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 10

I use a white mix with white chocolate pudding, 3 whole eggs and one egg white, equal amounts water and milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup oil. Very moist!

lovetofrost Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:19pm
post #10 of 10

when you sub the butter for the oil, do you use the same amount? do you melt it first? thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%