Help Finding Supply Store In Se Iowa Or Nw Missouri

Decorating By kansaswolf Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:48pm by fabfour

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:35am
post #1 of 8

I live in the small town of Centerville, IA, and I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of a good place to go get cake decorating supplies... I'm specifically looking for things that have to do with fondant decorating (smoother, shaping tools, cutters, etc.) and was wondering if anyone knew of any good places.

I'm just over an hour from Kirksville, MO; 30 minutes from Ottumwa, IA; but over three hours to someplace like Des Moines or Iowa City. Any help would be AWESOME... Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 8

I live in Centerville too!!!! I don't know of anyplace closer than Des Moines to get supplies. The best place-not necessarily the cheapest is Claytons on E. University. O'Hair True Value in Ottumwa has some stuff.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:56am
post #3 of 8

I'm in IC and we don't have a ton of stuff here. There's a Michaels and a Hobby Lobby but that's about it as far as I know. There's a Michaels in Cedar Rapids too.

kansaswolf Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for your replies! For some reason I didn't get (or accidentally deleted) the notification emails, so I didn't get these until now... Hm. Anyway, I may check out the True Value in Ottumwa, since I get there somewhat regularly! And the other places if I ever get a chance... Thanks again!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:09am
post #5 of 8

I am by Muscatine, but live in Ottumwa for awhile and there is a Halmark store down town that has a nice little area. True value does too.

Up here the best place is True Value in Muscatine or True Value in Moline, IL.

Isn't it odd that the best places to go are the hardware stores? But hey I can go over to the paint/wallpaper and other tool areas for the non-conventional items all in one stop!

I haven't heard of any place in DesMoines besides Hobby Lobby or Michaels yet.

Maybe I need to start a business!

However if you want to keep the money in iowa www.kitchenkrafts.com is in North eastern iowa and i usually get my shipments from them in 1-2 days MAX. And they have great customer service.

kansaswolf Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:29am
post #6 of 8

I would have NEVER thought to go to True Value... So glad I have help! icon_biggrin.gif

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 8

Here is the web link to Clayton's in Des Moines. It's not fancy, but they have alot of stuff. They used to be on Army Post Road and then moved over on University not far from fair grounds
-which I hate cuz I don't go to that area ever!

http://www.claytonsdm.com/Default.htm

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 8

I wish there were places closer. I live in Milan, it's 30 miles west of Kirksville. If I don't order online I have to go to Columbia to get anything.

Missy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%