Expired Marshmallow Cream

Decorating By umabdurrahman Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 5:39am by umabdurrahman

umabdurrahman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umabdurrahman Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 6

i want to make the marshmallow buttercream from this site, i noticed that my last jars of M.cream expired jan 18th. the only store that carries it is out! icon_sad.gif is it safe to use it ? it looks normal and tastes fine. or can i use marshmallows instead? how many? thanks

5 replies
umabdurrahman Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:36am
post #2 of 6

this is for the viewers since no one replied.......icon_sad.gif replacing the cream with marshmallows didn't work, i think it melted the butter and it was REALLY sticky......eeeww

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 6

im so sorry
that stinks
i didnt think marshmellow cream expired
im gonna have to go look at the one in my pantry

thanks for letting us know how it went

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 6

Were the jars open? If not they are probably fine. Is there a 1-800 # so you could call the company and ask?

Hope all works out well for you. I know I get really frustrated when I can't get the ingredients I want.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

If it had not ever been opened I would have tried it. I think it would have been fine. Just my thought...

umabdurrahman Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:39am
post #6 of 6

i'm thinking its ok cause they were never opened and after i noticed that i noticed my corn syrup was way over the expiration date and i had been using it. i have to buy and lot when i find it here and especially if the price is good, but that is what happens occasionally. what to do........lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%