Need Help Making Mickey Cookies

Baking By tnt Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm by bambuf

tnt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I've never made cookies before. I am throwing a mickey mouse bday party for my son's 1st bday on Sunday. I don't have a mickey mouse cookie cutter. But I do have 2 different size circle cutters. I want to make cookie pops that are in the shape of the mickey mouse icon. I will be using NFSC recipe and icing them in solid red, blue, and yellow. I will be cutting 3 circles--2 the same size for the ears. Should I overlap the ears on the head circle or should I cut a crescent out of each ear and put them flush with the head? Do you think my cookies will be sturdy enough or will the ears just fall off when someone picks it up?

Thanks so much for any help!

1 reply
bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 2

First of all, congrats on your baby's first birthday! Now, as far as the cookies go, you can certainly use the two sizes of cutters. I would recommend that you cut the crescent shape and attach, gently pushing the dough together. I have had great success in attaching cookies together before baking.
I might also recommend, that you make a Mickey face template out of cardstock and cut around it with a knife. If you are going to have to go the trouble of trimming your dough and attaching, you may as well use a template instead. It might save you time.
Good luck with your party! HTH! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%