Those Giant Cupcake Pans...

Decorating By goofygirly36 Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm by allee

goofygirly36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goofygirly36 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 6

i saw some ginormous cupcake pans at target today and thought this would be REALLY fun to do.....but how would i keep the cake from drying out on the outside? do any of you use anything to "seal" the cake besides buttercream? something clear?

TIA

5 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #2 of 6

Was it a Wilton? I saw them at AC Moore and want one with my next 40 percent off coupon! It's adorable! I was thinking what I would be would use buttercream, but then for the bottom part, use some rolled fondant mixed with some gumpaste to make it a little more firm to make a cupcake "liner". Then you could even decorate the liner - there are some cute striped ones I saw that I was thinking of trying to duplicate.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

I have this pan, I frosting the cottom in buttercream then covered it with mmf. Flip it over and filled with bc and put top on. i Just put bc on the top. I was really cute.

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

I have this pan too. I just used b/c on top and bottom, but am going to try another and cover the bottom in MMF. There is another cupcake pan out now (Wilton) that makes 4 smaller than the giant, but larger than the normal cupcake. It also makes the tops. Just bought the pan today @ Michaels w/55% off coupon. Can't wait to try it. I have a photo of the giant one in my pics.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 6

allee - It's adorable! I just commented that pic. I've got to go check out the smaller ones. Don't you love those coupons?

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 6

You bet! Nothing like a good 50% or 55% off coupon. I will post pics when I get the "mini" giant cupcakes done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%