Have You Seen/used This Pan?

Decorating By Melvira Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm by dldbrou

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 44

I was surfing and came across a pan that seems really cool! It's a brownie pan meant for people who really prefer the crunchy edge brownies as opposed to the soft middle. I thought it was a novel idea, although I am not sure I would buy one. Just curious if anyone has ever used it and what they thought!
LL

43 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 44

Ooh, I want one!! As long as it's not like the infamous muffin top pans, LOL!

Deanna

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 44

Uh-oh... I smell a story there?!?!

TooMuchCake Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 44

Nah, not a personal one, just that when the muffin top pans came out, everybody ran out and bought one and then didn't like them 'cuz they just weren't the same as eating the top off a real muffin.

I could do with a whole pan of brownie corners, though. I don't think it would matter to me if there wasn't a brownie middle the way it mattered to my friends that there wasn't a muffin bottom to eat the top off of!

Deanna

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 44

Hahaha!! Yes, I love those crunchy corners!!! Mmmmm. And it's true, the cupcake tops aren't quite the same!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 44

I saw this on Martha Stewart. I actually prefer the middle.........not to big on the edges. Don't get me wrong though.............I would never turn one down........with or without crunchy edges. icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 44

I wish they had a pan ( maybe they do ) that just made the middle of everything ! My husband likes only the middle cut of cakes ,brownies etc ! If I dont watch him he will sneak up and cut the middle right out of the pan of EVERYTHING !

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

I wish they had a pan ( maybe they do ) that just made the middle of everything ! My husband likes only the middle cut of cakes ,brownies etc ! If I dont watch him he will sneak up and cut the middle right out of the pan of EVERYTHING !

Well, it's called 'trim off the edges'!! icon_lol.gif I love the middle too! Is there any part I don't like??? Sheesh! icon_rolleyes.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I was surfing and came across a pan that seems really cool! It's a brownie pan meant for people who really prefer the crunchy edge brownies as opposed to the soft middle. I thought it was a novel idea, although I am not sure I would buy one. Just curious if anyone has ever used it and what they thought!

Some marriages would end in divorce if they bought that pan! It seems like every couple has a "crunchy end" eater and a "soft brownie" eater in it! hahaha!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:25pm
post #10 of 44

That's a pretty clever pan....though I'm a soft middle kind of gal,too. icon_wink.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:40pm
post #11 of 44

Please send all the unloved brownie corners to me at my home address.......

LOL!!!!!!

Deanna

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:51pm
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Please send all the unloved brownie corners to me at my home address.......

LOL!!!!!!

Deanna

Care of Melvira... PO BOX 1234...

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:59pm
post #13 of 44

OH..MEL !!! lol!!! I have had to ban him from cutting desserts ! A just finished dessert , I go back to check, and there it is with a huge hole right out of the middle ! GEEZZZ!!!

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:02pm
post #14 of 44
Quote:

OH..MEL !!! lol!!! I have had to ban him from cutting desserts ! A just finished dessert , I go back to check, and there it is with a huge hole right out of the middle ! GEEZZZ!!!

BEATEN TO DEATH!! That's what he'd get for pulling that at my house! icon_mad.gif He'd be praying for death while I was whipping him with a tube sock full of the hard, crusty corners that he so despises!!! icon_lol.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:05pm
post #15 of 44

Ok, now dont freak but we cut the edges off (and sometimes throw them away!) because we all love the soft & chewy center. I saw this in an ad and didn't get it...I guess I didn't realize brownie-edges were as popular but I should have known, since my Mom has been tearing off the tops of muffins and asking me to burn cookies for her for years!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:05pm
post #16 of 44

It looks like you can use it for lasagna too! yummy

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm
post #17 of 44

My husband grew up with all boys and anytime the brownies came out of the oven they would try to mark there territory in the middle of the brownies by stabbing it with their finger. They all wanted the middle piece. Same look with the hole in the middle!! He still trys it every now and then.

TooMuchCake Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:17pm
post #18 of 44

Tallmama, that's funny! My son tried licking his finger to mark his preferred piece of treat with, but I told him we all had the same germs and I ate it anyway.

Don't mess with a determined woman who wants a brownie.

Deanna

Melvira Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:25pm
post #19 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Ok, now dont freak but we cut the edges off (and sometimes throw them away!) because we all love the soft & chewy center.

I'm sorry... but I don't think I understood that part. I mean, I got the part about liking the middle, but it's the 'throw away' part that has me scratching my head! I have renamed you... you are hereby stripped of the title "CakeDiva" and dubbed "BrowniePsycho"!! icon_lol.gif

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #20 of 44

Crunchy edges, chewy/soft middle? Who cares, just give me the brownie and no one gets hurt!

I saw this pan the other day & added it to my Kaboodle list! If I get it, I'll let ya know how it works! thumbs_up.gif

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:44pm
post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Tallmama, that's funny! My son tried licking his finger to mark his preferred piece of treat with, but I told him we all had the same germs and I ate it anyway.

Don't mess with a determined woman who wants a brownie.

Deanna

DH and the kiddos have tried this with me too. They have since learned that when it comes to cakes/brownies/cookies, "Mommy doesn't care!" I tell DH his cooties don't scare me, I've already got three of them running around the house! icon_lol.gif

edited to add: Totally OT, but I just realized with this post, I'm offically a "Forum Addict"! Woo Hoo!

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:48pm
post #22 of 44

??? Brownies you say?? OMG.....now I have to go and make some!! And what a nifty pan......where did you find that?

Interesting concept indeedy....

Now.....off to make some brownies.....yummmmmmm

thumbs_up.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #23 of 44

yep, me too! I just got on here and saw the pan and started to crave brownies...GIVE ME THOSE CRUSTS AND NO ONE GETS HURT.

It's a brownie throwdown!! Start throwing them at me now!!!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:18am
post #24 of 44

I was one of those crazies that saw the muffin top pans and HAD TO HAVE IT. Well, I too figured I liked the authentic tops, not the manafactured versions...lol. So years and years, my muffin top pan sat in my closet.

Until last year. I was cleaning my closet out and this idea hit me. Literally, the pan fell on my head and I thought...COOKIES. So, now this is how I get my perfectly round cookies.

thumbs_up.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #25 of 44

i have never seen a pan like that. why would someone want to crunchy edges... icon_confused.gif i love the soft parts! icon_wink.gif

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #26 of 44

I have this pan!!!!!!!! And I LOVE it. My mom gave it to me for Christmas and now I think I have to go make me some brownies. For those of you that love the chewy middle you can just take the pan out of the oven a couple a minutes early. It works great for chewy or crunchy..........my vote is for CRUNCHY!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:28am
post #27 of 44

OMG!!! i want this pan for crunchy cake corners!!!

i know the only crunchy cake corners are overbaked cakes but I LOVE LOVE LOVE crispy cake corners!!! thats why i never have to worry about getting hungry and giving in to will power and eating someone elses cake order because as much as I love cakes........I wont eat them unless they are cripsy and crunchy!

Melvira Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:31am
post #28 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom9431

I have this pan!!!!!!!! And I LOVE it. My mom gave it to me for Christmas and now I think I have to go make me some brownies. For those of you that love the chewy middle you can just take the pan out of the oven a couple a minutes early. It works great for chewy or crunchy..........my vote is for CRUNCHY!

OH MAN!!! I thought I was gonna get away with not buying it... but now it sounds like something I want. WAH!!! Ok... but I'll put it kinda low on the list for now since I can 'live' without it. (In other words, I'll only suggest it to my DH once a week!) Hehehe.

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:40am
post #29 of 44
Quote:

I wish I had a pan that did just the middle too- my DH will cut the middle out of a pan of brownies too, he's just sneaky enough to include a small edge so he thinks it looks like a normal piece (althogh the piece in the middle is bigger than the one it was cut out with). I don't usually get the middle parts anymore, and they're my favorite...

cakeladyinri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyinri Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:53am
post #30 of 44

ooooh I could go for brownies but I love the gooey center pieces myself, lol

But you can get that brownie pan at KitchenKrafts.com here is the link
http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BP7629, it is called the edge brownie pan, sells for $34 but a great pan if you love the edges.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%