Giant Wilton Cupcake Pan - I Have Questions!

Decorating By darandon Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm by fiddlesticks

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 11

I just received the Giant Wilton Cupcake pan last weekend as a gift from my step mom. I plan on using it this week to make a birthday cake for my neighbor's daughter.
I need some feedback from anyone that has used it - is it easy to put together, do I need to use any supports and if so - how many, do I need to put a cardboard separater between the top and bottom.

So any help or suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks
dara

10 replies
mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 11

I just made this and didn't use any supports just put icing between the 2 layers. No cardboard. It was very easy to do. I just made sure I used shortening and flour to grease it though it no chance of sticking. I let them cool seperatly and then put them together. icon_smile.gif it was one of the funnest and easiest cakes I have ever done.

darandon Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 11

Did you have any problem with getting both pieces baked completely? Did you use any flower nails or baking cones, or baking strips?

mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 11

I didn't have any problem getting them both fully done. I think if I remember right I cooked it on 325 instead of 350. Just did the toothpick test on it and when the middle was donw I took them out and then leveled them. I didn't use any baking stripes or anything just cooked them.

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 11

I used mine for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I didn't use any nails or baking strips. The topper side of the cupcake got done quicker then the bottom. I just used a spatula to lift it and it came right out. I don't know if changing the temp. would make a difference or not, I went with their instructions for baking.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 11

Its very simple to use ! I did bake at 325 ( always do ) no flower nails. no supports , just added some buttercream in between and stacked it ! Its a fun cake ! theres a pic in my photo,s!

darandon Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 11

fiddlesticks - did you use papertowels to get the swirls around the bottom of your cupcake? I love the look of that one and it would for for the 8 year old girl I'm making it for.

I can't wait to try it this weekend.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 11

darandon.. Yes if your talking about the design on the base part of the cupcake? Just like you use the viva to plain smooth your icing on a cake , I use a printed paper towel to get the print ! I cant wait to see yours !

mamajan61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamajan61 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:47am
post #9 of 11

I love my giant cupcake pan... I haven't had a problem with it at all... The bottom does tend to take a little longer to get done than the top part does... but I cook it on 325.

I've made several of them so far... no cardboard in the middle, just icing.

Good luck, and don't forget to post a pic of the finished product.

darandon Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:09am
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone for giving me encouragement. I plan on baking the cake tonight and decorating it for the sleepover birthday party on Saturday.

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #11 of 11

darandon.. Good luck with the cake, Cant wait to see it !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%