I Won At Mid-Atlantic Cake Show!!! So Excited

Decorating By goodsweets Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm by lanibird

goodsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodsweets Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 31

I am a beginner with only 3 month decoration experience. It is the first place award for beginners under the All ButterCream category. (There is only a few cakes.) Anyway, it's very exciting and I am proud of myself.

30 replies
trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 31

CONGRATS!!!!!

...WHere's the picture? I wanna see!

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 31

Good for you. Congratulations thumbs_up.gif .I would love to see a photo

goodsweets Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 31

if u guys r interested, i can also post the cakes which won prizes.
they are all master pieces.
btw, is there any cake club around baltimore? I want to join in if it's available.

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 31

Good, Congrats...I left a similar post!

PLESAE post the pics!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 31

Congratulations & yes please.... post all the pictures.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:04am
post #7 of 31

congratulations, goodsweets, we are all proud of you. this is very exciting. i , too, would love to see all the pictures

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #8 of 31

Congratulations!! I would love to see all of the pictures too.

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:16am
post #9 of 31

Congratulations, please post the pictures.

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:28am
post #10 of 31

Congrats!
I won too, 1st in beginner non-tiered and first in beginner division. Which one was yours?? (mine was the little girls room) My friend also won, second for the beginner non-tiered.(hers was the garden scene)
Didn't you have so much fun? I can't wait until the next one.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:34am
post #11 of 31

Congrats to goodsweets, you rule! thumbs_up.gif

Kudos to laurynrn on your 1st of many wins. icon_biggrin.gif

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:31am
post #12 of 31

laurynrn congratulations! I saw both your cake and your friend's cake and was amazed literally at your detail. I was hoping you would win something! Incredible work you both did!!!!!

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:03am
post #13 of 31

Congrats on your win!!! There's a cake club in Baltimore called Baltimore's Best Baker's. They meet in Timonium. You can e-mail the president for info. at [email protected].
Bluedevil, where in Millersville are you? I'm in the Old Mill area!

carterl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carterl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:16pm
post #14 of 31

Congratulations Ladies on well deserved wins! I saw both of your cakes and they were wonderful! Wasn't the cake show just awesome?! I'm still thinking of all of these ideas from seeing those gorgeous cakes. I took several pictures from the event, but wasn't sure about downloading them since I don't know if we need to contact individuals before posting. But anyway, you are on your way to many more wins. What a talent you have icon_smile.gif

carterl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carterl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #15 of 31

Congratulations Ladies on well deserved wins! I saw both of your cakes and they were wonderful! Wasn't the cake show just awesome?! I'm still thinking of all of these ideas from seeing those gorgeous cakes. I took several pictures from the event, but wasn't sure about downloading them since I don't know if we need to contact individuals before posting. But anyway, you are on your way to many more wins. What a talent you have icon_smile.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:40pm
post #16 of 31

Congratulations!!

goodsweets Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:41pm
post #17 of 31

http://i29.tinypic.com/1zecljd.jpg
am i doing right posting my image??[/img]

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:53pm
post #18 of 31

I was at that show! I remember yours, congratulations! I wish I was brave enough to enter!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:53pm
post #19 of 31

Congratulations! Sounds like lots of CC'rs won at the show! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif . I got 2nd in the intermediate tiered. It was a great weekend. Can't wait for next year to roll around.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:08pm
post #20 of 31

Congratulations! ...

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:49pm
post #21 of 31

I was in the show, but didn't place... my entry was a wedding cake with a Luck of the Irish lace theme. It was the only one to have a bride and groom on top and Irish celtic knots on the sides. It was one of the best cakes i've done, but time was sooooo not on my side and I had a few last minute details I couldn't do. I scored about a 62% from the judges, so not too bad, I think for a first try!

sassycleo Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:35am
post #22 of 31

I saw your Celtic wedding cake. I must say even with 62% - you did an excellent job. I even took a pic to show friends and family who weren't able to attend with me. This was my first year attending - I was WAY to chicken to submit anything and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. There were so many truly amazing cakes that were entered. Mine couldn't even compare!!!

Congrats to you all, give yourself a nice pat on the back you all did an EXCELLENT job!!!!!

Watch out next year though....LOL

Alicia

laurynrn Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:58am
post #23 of 31

cakeinicing4u,
i loved your irish wedding cake! I look forward to seeing you again next year! I can't wait! My head is still spinning icon_eek.gif
sassycleo, JanH, thank soooooo much!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:02am
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurynrn

Congrats!
I won too, 1st in beginner non-tiered and first in beginner division. Which one was yours?? (mine was the little girls room) My friend also won, second for the beginner non-tiered.(hers was the garden scene)
Didn't you have so much fun? I can't wait until the next one.

Hey fellow Philly-er! thumbs_up.gif I hope they move it closer to Philly next time, I couldn't make it to MD this year. I have never gone yet but want to SO bad.

sassycleo Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:05am
post #25 of 31

You all are making me home sick!!! I'm originally from the KOP area. Kitagrl, next year if it is in Md again (I heard it was there last year as well) see about carpooling with someone. Shoot my mom came down and met me next year you can ride with her icon_wink.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:07am
post #26 of 31

Congratulations!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:09am
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

You all are making me home sick!!! I'm originally from the KOP area. Kitagrl, next year if it is in Md again (I heard it was there last year as well) see about carpooling with someone. Shoot my mom came down and met me next year you can ride with her icon_wink.gif

That would be cool! My thing is I have four boys and can't leave them for several days just with my busy husband! One day would be ok, but not a couple. I should have gone when it was in Atlantic City but never ended up making that one.

Sumatra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sumatra Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:16am
post #28 of 31

Wow! Congrats! That is so cool!

goodsweets Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:29pm
post #29 of 31

I also saw your friend's cake. it is so cute~~ (the carrot in the basket, the small garden tool.....)
The cake show is wonderful and I am looking forward to the next one.

thanks, all my friends.
icon_smile.gif

laurynrn Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm
post #30 of 31

Kitagrl,
ok, so you have a year to find sitters for those boys...start asking around, haha!
We can go in one big cake show caravan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%