Appetizer Ideas?

Lounge By SaraO Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 11:25pm by SaraO

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:28am
post #1 of 6

Hi,

My boyfriend is having a big housewarming party this weekend and there are going to be quite a few people there. I want to make lots of appetizers and finger foods - both hot and cold. Does anyone have any good recipes that you would like to share? I would appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Sara

5 replies
sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 5:55am
post #2 of 6

What I usually have at our get togethers is cheeseball and summer sausage. The cheeseball is 3 packages of cream cheese set out to soften slightly. Mix in 2 packages of powdered italian dressing mix. You can either roll it in nuts or parsley. I've been lazy lately and just leave it "nekkid". icon_lol.gif Put back in the fridge to set up a little bit. Then just serve it with crackers and sliced summer sausage. MMMMM....yummy! My family gets mad if I don't make it when they come over. icon_lol.gif I also make ham roll ups with the same cheeseball recipe. (No nuts or parsley coating on it) Just smear it on some tortillas and then put thinly slice ham on top and roll it up. Cut in to small pinwheels. Let's see....a hot one....oh! queso dip and chips is always a hit. I just make it in my crockpot and it stays warm. I use the recipe on the back on the Rotel(sp?) can. If there are going to be little ones there make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (if they can have it) and then use a small cookie cutter to cut little shapes out for them. Plus it's always good to have something sweet as well. Cookies, brownies, cupcakes, you get the idea. Talking about all of this food is making me hungry. icon_lol.gif HTH.

SaraO Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:34am
post #3 of 6

Great ideas! Thanks a lot!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:12am
post #4 of 6

Pampered Chefs
"shrimp cups" I can't think of the real name, but if you want it PM me and I get it to you..

they are so so good!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

Spinach & Artichoke dip, wings, taco ring, mini quiches, 7-layer dip, pasta salad... these are a few things my friends & i have made.

SaraO Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the ideas guys! The party was a big success! I made tortilla pinwheels, a couple of different dips, chocolate squares, cookies, pie, pasta, and chocolate covered strawberries icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%