Husbands!!!venting

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 2:30am by pearliesmom

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:44am
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, I guess I have control issues......but I just want it done right. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

. . . Image aaahhhh yes, control issues Image . . . I guess I can identify with this one . . . icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #32 of 45

I have one for you.

This past Saturday I cleaned the whole house, it was smelling good and spotless, which is an accomplishment with my kids and husband (slobs). I even used Pledge on all of the woodwork and furniture. DH asks me if there is anything left that he can help me with, and I asked him to vac the stairs for me. Well he goes to the garage and gets the LEAF BLOWER. And proceeds to blow the stairs with it. Of course, it blew dustand hair and whatever else all over the house, which got stuck in the furniture polish, filled the house up with gasoline fumes and exhaust, and set off the smoke detectors. There was dust floating around for a long time, I had to dust everything all over again, and the nice clean smell was gone. Grrrrr.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:05pm
post #33 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I have one for you.

This past Saturday I cleaned the whole house, it was smelling good and spotless, which is an accomplishment with my kids and husband (slobs). I even used Pledge on all of the woodwork and furniture. DH asks me if there is anything left that he can help me with, and I asked him to vac the stairs for me. Well he goes to the garage and gets the LEAF BLOWER. And proceeds to blow the stairs with it. Of course, it blew dustand hair and whatever else all over the house, which got stuck in the furniture polish, filled the house up with gasoline fumes and exhaust, and set off the smoke detectors. There was dust floating around for a long time, I had to dust everything all over again, and the nice clean smell was gone. Grrrrr.

. . . FOR REAL . . . I will probably never complain about my DH again after reading that . . . icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif I wouldn't have known whether to laugh or cry . . . icon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gif 'cause like indydebi said . . . if I killed him I would have to clean up that mess too icon_rolleyes.giftapedshut.gif . . . you have my sympathy (for what it's worth)

michellenj Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:40pm
post #34 of 45

Oh yeah, my husband is the source of many funny stories. Do-it-yourself projects, drunk stories, family member stories....name a subject and I can give you a funny true story. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:35pm
post #35 of 45

michellenj, I was roflmao and immediately sent your story to my sister and my daughter! I am, however, surprised that a guy can't tell the difference between an appliance that 'sucks' dirt and one that 'blows' dirt! icon_rolleyes.gif

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:39am
post #36 of 45

Here's my vent...... My husband, whom I've been married to for almost 10 years and who has know of my love of all things chocolate and cake..... just mentioned to me yesterday morning that he was a pastry chef for Marcel Desaulniers a long time ago. You know, The Death by Chocolate guy? I knew that his Dad knew Marcel, through various business partners, but that my hubby actually worked for him? Ugh. I was flabbergasted. Then he told me how he did a sculpted cake for some author..... My husband has NEVER made a cake (not even for me) since I've met him. Never cooked anything but lasagna. His reason for never mentioning this was that he only did it for a few weeks because he didn't like the hours (he was in his early 20's), but still. Don't you think it might have been brought up before? Like when we got my Mom an autographed Death by Chocolate book? Or when I slaved over my first sculpted cake?? MEN!!!!!!!!

booger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booger Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:40am
post #37 of 45

Lately I must say my husband has been a story creator too. But the biggest problem I have with him is his "Drill Sgt" ways where MY oldest son is concerned. Most of my frustrations with him all surround how he treats my son, his step son. I hear it's normal but I would like to see how many here know what I mean and if its a "step Norm"

Real quick:
1- He doesn't tell my son "good" for things he does well.
2- He keeps all of the past happenings in his mind and brings them up constantly.
3- My son is a lazy 17 year old, but does what he should, but my husband feels he should love what my husband does and ALWAYS put that first before my son's life.
4- My hubby also over-reacts to things my son does. For instance, yesterday Brandyn (my son) comes home from school with a detention slip (NOT A NORM FOR HIM HE"S A GOODY GOODY") The detention was because my son missed two homerooms so they considered him skipping. What happened (I verified it with the school and the cafeteria staff) was he was taking the ACTs and there was confusion on things, that were verified, he was told to be in the cafeteria at a certain time both days, he was, BUT something happened and they were postponed till next week and it was announced over the PA system but my son wasnt there at that time, he had a doctor appt and was with me. But because he wasnt where he should have been (back in homeroom) it was reported. I ended up having to go to the office and telling them this.... to make a long story short, in our school district once a detention, suspension etc is scheduled you have to attend, no matter what. The one thing they did do was instead of doing after school detention they gave him before school detention, that is only a 30 min "study hall". Anyway, my husband blew it all out of proportion, started yelling at him and as I came in and heard what was going on, I sent my son out of the room, and "yelled" back at the hubby. telling him to back off the school took care of things, and it was verified that it really wasnt Bran's fault, and stated he still had to attend the detention. My husband feels that no matter what my son was wrong... anyway, this kind of thing happens a lot, and I finally had to step in and tell my husband to remember that I'm his mother, and he is the step dad only. I know I was wrong in a way to do that, but after counselling i was told that the biologic parent should be the rule setter no matter what the situation is.... anyway, thats my rant! what do you all think?

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #38 of 45

booger, some men think they have to be the "tough" dad at all times. It's kinda of a bragging right to show everyone how "By god MY kids will toe the line!!" and somehow that makes him a good dad. I find a little nose-to-nose with "Get the he!! over yourself! You are NOT the king of the planet!" works pretty well! icon_rolleyes.gif

My sister goes thru this. She gets very ticked off when her husband ".....tries to act just like his dad and I tell him 'stop being an ass!' to your kids!"

We're a step-family, too, and my husband (at first) had the "how did you ever get along without me?" syndrome. I had 2 kids, he had none, but he thought that HE was the expert on raising kids. It was a training session but we got him up to speed on "proper behavior" for a dad! thumbs_up.gif The good part of the story is that he was very receptive to our conversations and my 'suggestions' on how he needed to temper his reactions.

michellenj Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:56pm
post #39 of 45

Right after college dh and I were servers in a restaurant together. It had an open kitchen with nice, decorative heat lamps over the expediting area. He wanted to help out by cleaning those heat lamps, so he ran them through the dish machine and broke them. icon_eek.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 3:22pm
post #40 of 45

<...DH asks me if there is anything left that he can help me with, and I asked him to vac the stairs for me. Well he goes to the garage and gets the LEAF BLOWER. And proceeds to blow the stairs with it...>

I *DON'T* believe it!! I Don't believe it!, I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!
How in the world did you NOT KILL him????????

ROTFLMBO icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #41 of 45

I share the leaf blower story with hubby and even HE says, "That guy's just a dumba$$!"

cakelover25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover25 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:14pm
post #42 of 45

After reading the leaf blower post, I'm thinking my hubby is pretty good!

My biggest problem with him is that all of his projects are 98% done. 6 years ago we put in new french patio doors...still hasn't put the trim around the edges. I know, I should just do it myself!

We redid our bathroom last summer, looks great except for the missing trim around the door! Just look in every room in my house and you'll find his almost done projects!

I"m happy he knows how to do so many things that save us money but I'd love to have one room that is 100% done!

Off to the garage to hide the leaf blower just in case!

michellenj Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 7:43pm
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

<...DH asks me if there is anything left that he can help me with, and I asked him to vac the stairs for me. Well he goes to the garage and gets the LEAF BLOWER. And proceeds to blow the stairs with it...>

I *DON'T* believe it!! I Don't believe it!, I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!
How in the world did you NOT KILL him????????

ROTFLMBO icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I swear to God, I am not creative enough to make this up!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:37am
post #44 of 45

Read my sign off...it says it all. icon_lol.gif

pearliesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearliesmom Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:30am
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecupcakemom

Read my sign off...it says it all. icon_lol.gif

You are right men are idiots and if you married their king I must be married to their joker. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%