Quick Cute Stuff

Business By littlecake Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 12:29pm by vonnie99

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 4

i make a lot of cakes on friday and saturday....and i try to give my customers different cute stuff that won't take me too long to make, (my customers won't pay 75 bucks for a 1/4 sheet)....

anyhoo i'm always looking for cute stuff thats not labor intensive so we can all be happy.

i found the cutest cupcake book on amazon..."hello cupcake"...it has all kinds of cute things you can do with cupcakes, like animals ...i figure to a simple airbrush backgound on the cake...put a couple of these decorated cupcakes on top....dust the top with pixis dust...and we got a custom cake that doesn't take that long....and is stress free....i'm really getting burnt out on the complicated drawings they always seem to come up for me to do.

anyone else have this book?...any others to recommend?

and....i got in some pearl airbrush spray from lucks.....it rox!...yesterday i did up on some of my regular orders like i always did....like with buttercream roses and script etc...after they were decorated i sprayed over the finished cake...dusted on some clear gold pixi dust....oh man did that make them pop!...i got some of the gold and silver airbrush too....had a couple of full sheet 50th anniversary cakes...that gold really made them shine...i didn't know if i was gonna like it, but i did, it's gonna come in handy!....plus you can tint the pearl...looked so cute on the baby shower cakes!....and it didn't clog my airbrush!

anyone have any "quick " methods to share?
time is money, i love saving time.

3 replies
CountryCakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryCakes2007 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

Is that "hello cupcake" book out anywhere else? I would like to buy one. I'm glad to hear that pearl airbrush is so good, I was thinking about ordering some. I bet it really makes roses and other flowers look really pretty! Do you have any pics littlecake of the ones you did?

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

i haven't taken any pics in like 3 years lol!

i need to get into the 21st century and get a digital camera....

that pearl spray really does give the roses and leaves a cool finish...it doesn't really show up on the white icing very much.

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 4

The "Hello Cupcake" book is available else where - I got it at borders with a 40% off coupon - nice little treat! It is a great book - tons of ideas. I haven't made anything from it yet so I can't vouch for how good the directionsare...but the authors swear everything is easy to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%