Do You Know How To Do This?

Decorating By addietx Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 11:50am by addietx

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 6

I think it was in the American Cake Decoating June/July 2006 magazine. The magazine was at a friends house. Right inside the front cover there is a pink cake with what looks like sprayed on insulation or what some call "a popcorn ceiling". Does anyone know how to do this? I think the light effect on the cake was very pretty. Thanks for any help.
Addie

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have the magazine in front of me, but it sounds like you'd just put a spatula or the back of a spoon on the icing before it crusted over and pull it up and down on the surface of the cake to raise the little spackly-bump (the technical term, I'm sure) texture.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 6

Since I don't have the photo as a reference, I can only guess...

I do know that I got a similar effect spraying cocoa butter on chocolate with a Wagner paint sprayer ... but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 6

I got out my magazine, it was an ad for Wilton gumpaste. If you go to Wilton.com, look in the wedding cake designs and you'll find the exact cake. It's called Stucco Trio and the stucco effect is done by dipping crumpled up waxed paper into royal icing and blotting it on the cake. The complete instuctions are there.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 6

Here's the link on Wilton's site:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/wedding/stuccotrio.cfm

I hadn't seen this before. I definetly want to give it a try.

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:50am
post #6 of 6

LSW and ps3884 you are the best. Thanks so much. LSW that is the exact cake that I saw. Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%