Magic Line Butter Vanilla And Cake Craft (Sugarland Tx)

Decorating By famousamous Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 3:35am by famousamous

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 5

I was finally able to go to Cake Craft Shoppe in SugarLand today.
http://www.cakecraftshoppe.com/default.asp
Does anyone elese shop there? The owner is a very sweet lady! She pulled me aside to tell me how well behaved my Sons were(dontcha just love that) and asked me if I needed help finding something. I could have spent all day there. Its a wonderful shop!

I bought some Creme Bouqet and some butter vanilla (magic line brand).
Has anyone used these before? It will be my first time using anything other than vanilla or almond extracts. How much do you reccomend using at a time? The butter vanilla smells sooo good it makes my mouth water!

I also got chinese red made by Cake Craft. Has anyone used their colorings before? Do they work well?

4 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 5

I was fortunate enough to meet the owner of the shop at the Austin Cake Show in 2007. She is indeed at very sweet lady. Unfortunately I live too far away to shop there in person. (However, I would like to go to the beach over the summer, perhaps I can make CakeCraft a side trip!)

I do shop frequently at the online shop, mainly buying meringue powder and colorings. their shipping is quite reasonable!

famousamous Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 5

They have every imaginable cake toy at her shop. They have boxes in every shape and size, they even have cupcake tray inserts. Most of the boxes were less than a dollar! She also has many different sizes of cake dummies. You will not be dissapointed if you are able to go.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't used the Magic LIne vanilla butter combo, but I have used their vanilla and butter. While I like the vanilla there is something I don't like about the butter. I prefer Adam's or even Wilton's over it.

I've tried to put my finger on what I don't like about the butter, and it always has a taste to me that lingers and not in a good way. No one else has said anything and I get praise on the icing when I have used it, the taste just stands out to me.

famousamous Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:35am
post #5 of 5

^ I hear ya on the butter extracts, I usually dont ever use one but the smell of the butter vanilla combo had such a bakery smell I had to get it. I have used it in a small batch of icing for some cream puffs and for a small batch of french toast. My Husband says it tastes like a wedding cake should taste(whatever that means lol).
It has a richness to it. Over all I like it, it will be a good addition to a white cake.

For the creme bouqet, I cant really describe the smell... If I had not heard how good it tastes from here I probly wouldnt have got it. Im gonna try it though, maybe next week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%