Need Opinion On Logo Please

Business By mija10417 Updated 12 May 2008 , 10:14pm by MichelleM77

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 36

Hi Everyone,

After months of trying to come up with a name, I decided to go with the one I originally thought of. It was the name of the street my grandmother lived on and since she's the one who gave me a passion for baking, I thought it would be a sweet tribute to her.

Any opinions or advice on my logo would be appreciated! Is it too much?? Should I forget the pole? Would it be too busy to put on a businessz card?

By the way, this is a very rough draft. I know the graphics need some fixin!
LL

35 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 36

i think it is so cute! I love it and it is so sweet to pay tribute to your grandmother!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 36

Cute...but it makes me think of Sesame Street icon_smile.gif

mija10417 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 36

Oh no! If I removed the pole and just put "cakes" underneath would it be less sesame streetish??

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 36

I thinkk it's cute.
little confusing, the name....are your customers going to think that you are actuallylocated in pink street?

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 36

I just luv it! It's catchy & memorable. Your grandmother would be proud! The only hesitation that I would have is on the part of the customer confusing your name with your location as melody mentioned. Sesame street?? Naw, I like it because its different. Decisions, decisions????? Have fun deciding.

mija10417 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 36

I thought of that but since I rent a kitchen and no one will have my address, I figured they would think it was just a catchy name or something.

Hmmm...now you all have me wondering what I should do! LOL

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #8 of 36

I like it and think its really cute, I would just worry that they would think Pink Street is an actual street your located on maybe if you add something to the front of Pink Street( like grandma's) or take the Pole off it might give it a different look and not appear as if its actually on that street.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:03am
post #9 of 36

I LOVE it!!!

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:47am
post #10 of 36

Just had a thought---Charm City Cakes---they are not located in "Charm City"!!! Everyone knows Dufff. So, there you go--- You will be in good company since you're not on Pink Street. Put your first name in the street light bulb. Maybe you'll be on TV soon. C-ya there!

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #11 of 36

Oh noooo.... I LOVE IT!! I dont think people would think you are actually located on Pink Street. And have Pink Street Cakes, totally sounds like its just the name of your business.

Pink is my favorite color.... HOW FUN WOULD IT BE TO LIVE ON PINK STREET???

thumbs_up.gif

marysgobaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marysgobaa Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:31am
post #12 of 36

I agree with the Charm City thing; Pink Street is cute icon_wink.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:54am
post #13 of 36

go for the pink street cakes...it's sweet.

my place is called " the little cake co."...no one is dumb enough to think i only make little cakes.

your logo is cute too...and i'm picky ...ha ha.

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #14 of 36

Love the logo. thumbs_up.gif I think is is adorable! What a nice way to tribute your G-ma. She would be very proud.

Like DaisyLisa17 said, how cool would it be to love on Pink Street? LOL!! I am packing and movin' right now.

My name is Glass Slipper Cakery. Lots to Sssssss's. But, I felt in my heart that it was right for me. Everyone learned how to say it. AND they will be looking for you on Pink Street, trust me!

Good luck with your business.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:21am
post #15 of 36

I think it is adorable! I love it!
I can totally see this on a business card do it as a border ... I am not at home or I would draw it up for you on my pc. If I have time, maybe I'll do it tomarrow! Good luck with everything

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:42am
post #16 of 36

I love it! I just had my logo made through The Logoloft. Make sure you register it as your trademark once you finalize it.

RoseCitySugarcraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:46am
post #17 of 36

I think it's perfect! It's so personal to you, that it's hard to decide when to stop fussing with it. Believe me, I know! This is a creative idea, and very straight-forward.

I have an artist friend creating my logo. I've had a clear picture of the logo in my head since I came up with my business name. But I have NOWHERE near the skills to draw it or create it on the computer. I'm so anxiousto see it done (6 months and counting...but that's another thread!

Lucky you, to have the ability to create it for yourself icon_smile.gif

Good luck to you!

~ Scott

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:49am
post #18 of 36

I like it. It's so cute and unique and like some others have said such a nice tribute to your grandma. If I could do something like that for my nana I totally would!

maimerbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimerbaker Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:30am
post #19 of 36

Totally go for it! I love it! I hope to come up with something equally as clever and adorable. Your grandma would be so proud!

mija10417 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #20 of 36

Thanks all!

From everyone's comments, I think except for adjusting a few of the graphics, I'll keep it just as is!

I appreciate all the feedback!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:18pm
post #21 of 36

I think it's really cute. Not cutesy-tacky (like Kathy's Kake Kitchen, for example).

The street my shop is located on translates in English to Love Street. How cool is that? People always comment on it, too. It helps that my street is only two very short blocks long, so I don't even use the street number on any of my printed matter!

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:36pm
post #22 of 36

I love it! My shop is in a little building and the shop next to mine is Village Hair Works. Well, we certainly aren't in a Village, that part of town is over the bridge.

I really like it. It catchy for sure. And for people who live in the area and buy cakes from you, or hear about you, they all would know whether there is a Pink Street in your town or city.

I say go with your instincts! I kind of wish I would have stuck with the name I originally chose, but I went with everyone else's advice instead.

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:56pm
post #23 of 36

I think it is perfect. Keep it the way it is!!

Kristin0408 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristin0408 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:10pm
post #24 of 36

it is a perfect logo!

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:04pm
post #25 of 36

I think the only thing you need to think about is do you like it?
Ithink picking a name and logo is a lot like picking out what you're going to wear to a blind date. Although it does make a first impression, you'll get the second date based on how the date went, and a lot less on what outfit you wore.
As long as it's not hard to spell, and not REALLY weird, do what you feel good about.
Plus, I think it's cute.
Plus, make sure nobody has the internet domain yet.

mija10417 Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:58am
post #26 of 36

Ok, sorry to come back to this forum for my logo but I need more advice! My friend who has a marketing business said that my logo doesn't work. She said I'm selling cakes, not street signs. She strongly suggested putting a cake somewhere in the logo. So I thought about putting a slice of cake in the lamp but she said that wouldn't look right.

Soooo, does anyone else think I need to add a cake somewhere and if so, any ideas??

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #27 of 36

ok i tried to post a picture but it would not let me. I think you should stay with what you have and just add a cake on top of the sigh. just cause he say it won't work doesn't mean it won't. if that is what you want then that's what you should get..

I'll try again and see if i can post the picture.

your logo is a great idea and different from everyone else....

shaddi

mija10417 Posted 11 May 2008 , 1:22pm
post #28 of 36

Thanks Shaddi!

You mean have a cake just sitting on top of the sign and keep everything else the same?

I'm thinking of maybe getting rid of the light.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 11 May 2008 , 5:22pm
post #29 of 36

. . . I think I would try to stick with your original idea . . . you can still incorporate a cake in your street sign . . . just do it as though it was part of the iron work . . . at the top in the middle of your street sign . . . a silhouette of a cake . . . hope you get the picture I'm seeing in my head . . . icon_rolleyes.gif

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 11 May 2008 , 5:36pm
post #30 of 36

dragonflydreams that is what i was trying to say you explained it better then what i did. i know what you are talking about cause that is what i see as well.

mija10417 yes keep eveyrthing the same

shaddi

i'm going to ask my DH to help me post the pic of what i am talking about...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%