Help Quickly! Flower Bouquet

Decorating By bjaeram Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm by swick55

bjaeram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjaeram Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 6

I am attempting to make my first cupcake bouquet for my great grandma's birthday tonight. I just tried to put them on the styrofoam ball and the icing slid right off in just a couple of minutes. What can I do? I don't think I have too much icing. Please help ASAP!

5 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

It sounds like your icing is not at the right consentecny.. I would add some more powder sugar to the icing.. You want your design to be able to "stand"..
Add more powder sugar, alittle bit at a time and make the design on wax paper and you should be able to see the consentency of the icing. You want it to be between stiff and med. stiff.. Does that make sense?

bjaeram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjaeram Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 6

That does make sense. Thanks I'll try it.

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

let me know how it turns out..

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 6

your icing could be too heavy especially for your side tilting ones. I used to decorate mine in tip 1M, but I always had sliders especially in the summer..... oh and I omit the butter in my BC for these..... so I make different flowers with different tips... I use the smaller stars to make it a pull out looking flower, the rose tips to make petal looking flowers... these take a little longer, but you use probably 1/2 the icing so it cuts down on the weight your CC needs to hold. I have a good bit in my gallery, you should check them out and see what I mean by different flower styles. HTH

swick55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swick55 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 6

I have also noticed that the icing tends to stay on the cupcakes better if I ice them and then let them sit for a couple of hours at least before I put them on the toothpicks. Gives the icing time to adhere to the cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%