Chicago Cake Stores????

Decorating By sjbeatty8 Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 5:30am by Boofycakes

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 5

Are there any FABULOUS ... must visit... cake stores in the Chicago area??? We will be in the northwest suburbs.. but ill have a car... so within 30-40 min max.

Thanks

4 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 5

Central Continental Bakery in Mt. Prospect is well known. The cakes taste great. Wonderful flavors and moist. They are sort of old school decorators though. I'm not sure they even use fondant.

Jarosh (Jarosch) Bakery in Elk Grove is the best bakery ever. Their pastries and cookies and cakes are amazing. Again, they are old school with decorations but if you just want to try a bunch of great stuff, go there. I know families who drove over an hour every Sunday for their pastries.

I think the Cake Girls are still in the city itself. They are more in line with this place. More fondant, more figures, more upscale.

jonicca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonicca Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:38am
post #3 of 5

Cakewalk Chicago on the south side

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:20am
post #4 of 5

jonicca just posted the info about CakeWalkChicago in this thread:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-584836-.html

The Wilton retail store is in Darien, IL

630-985-6000
7511 Lemont Rd
Darien, IL 60561

HTH

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:30am
post #5 of 5

If you're going to be in the west suburbs at all close enough to visit Jarosch Bakery, you must visit Sauer's Bakery in Carol Stream. They are a 3rd generation German bakery. I went to school for pastry arts, and my baking instructor said that their pastries are the best that he has had outside of Europe! I've never been to Europe, so I'm just trusting him on that!

But if you're looking for cake supplies, I agree with the others. Visit Cakewalk and the Wilton store! You can get things there that are hard to find at many other places.

I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay in Chicagoland!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%