Best Way To Get Shiny Prefinished Hardwood Floors??

Lounge By dailey Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 10:14pm by funcakes

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:57am
post #1 of 4

just wondering if any of you know the best way to get prefinished hardwood floors nice and shiny? it seems like all the cleaners at the stores are specifically made for sealed wood floors. any tips? thanks!

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 10:52am
post #2 of 4

well, prefinished hard wood is sealed wood.

On my floors i use, murphy's oil soap.

If you are talking laminate flooring, then i like the swifter wet mops.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

well, prefinished hard wood is sealed wood.

On my floors i use, murphy's oil soap.

If you are talking laminate flooring, then i like the swifter wet mops.

thats what *I* thought too! BUT the guy at the store told me they weren't, lol! the majority of our new house is covered in hardwood floors and i *attempted* to clean them yesterday for the first time, and wow, what a chore!!! it doesn't help matters that they are dark and dust can easily be seen on them, ugh! ..........thanks!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 4

Prefinished hardwood floors are sealed-not to worry. Some floors are "waxed" finished, but these are few and a speciality, not found in new homes. Most companies that make hardwood flooring also sell their own product to clean them with. Any of those products will work well.
I don't know what "store" you contacted, but a local floor covering store usually does give better advice than that. (my DH third generation business)
Home Depot-not so good advice. My friend's daughter works in the plumbing dept. She answers customers' questions. Her major was speech pathology. All I can say is YIKES!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%