Finally Done!!!

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm by butterflywings

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 3

I hate to brag, but I'm really proud. I posted pics of 2 of the 4 teapot cakes, the teapot cookies and fondant ribbon roses in my photos. I wanted to make sure to thank antonia74, culinarilyobsessed and mgigglin for their help. Antonia's RI and technique for decorating was wonderful! Next time, though, I think I'll keep the background white and accent the colors to match the cake. The pink & peach were a little too similar in color. Oh, and whoever posted the idea of putting powdered sugar or cornstarch into a clean knee-hi to make a dusting pouf when rolling fondant -- you are a genius and my hero! It works like a dream!!!!

Please visit the pictures and let me know your honest opinion. Suggestions and criticism welcome!!!

TFL and TIA!!!

2 replies
frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 3

I love the tea pot cakes !! did you bake them in the wondermold or did you use a mixer bowl? They look alot like my old KA mixerbowl shape. great work on all !!

Dawn

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 3

thank you. i used my small pampered chef glass batter bowl. i had to trim more than i thoughtfrom the top(bottom?) so i also baked a 6" round that i used as the base/bottom of the teapot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%