Cupcake Bouquet.. Need All The Help I Can Get!!

Decorating By chrissy410 Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 1:00am by xstitcher

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 12

I am trying to make a cupcake bouquet in appreciation to a teacher who has really helped me this semester. Her favorite color is yellow so I wanted to do all yellow flowers. The problem is, I don't really know where to start, what I need as far as supplies, how to assemble it, and so on. I did a search for cupcake bouquet and there was a tutorial or article but it wouldn't open up and when I did a general search I was only able to look at the 1st page and there really wasn't anything that would help me. When I tried to click on next page, nothing came up. If anyone has any advice on how to put this together, I would really appreciate it. I need it for next Monday 4/28. Thanks

11 replies
MamaBof6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBof6 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 12

I haven't tried this yet. I was going to do it next month for my daughter's birthday.
I found this picture online.

It looks like a flower pot, maybe some green floral foam in the pot and dowels, green tissue paper.

I think you just arrange the dowels in the floral foam and pop the cupcakes on top of the dowels.

Not sure if this helps... icon_confused.gif

Good Luck!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 12

This one is really cute. You can request the directions from her. Looks easy too! Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1207430.html

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 12

I made one once, this is what I did. i got a styrofoam ball and cut it in half and put it in tie flower pot. Cover it with some crinkled grass. The cupcakes were held on with toothpicks, but I've heard some people say that bamboo or dowels are sturdier. Hope this helps!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 12

Here is all you need to know, thanks to Cambo:

http://cakecentral.com/article133-How-To-Make-a-CupCake-Bouquet.html

It's on the main page, at the bottom

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 12

They are really easy! I used toothpicks for mine (I made some with small cupcakes and some with regular size) and they worked just fine.

ShanonR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanonR Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 12

I did these once and I have more to do next month. Here's what I did....

I made buttercream roses a few days in advance.
Then I took a 1/2 styrofoam ball and put it in a terracotta pot.
Next I made mini cupcakes and put them on the styrofoam with toothpicks.
Then I put a dollip of buttercream on each cupcake (with just a cuppler)
Next I put a rose on each cupcake.
Last I piped a few leaves where there were gaps.

Note: I had to use a toothpick in the center of some of the roses around the bottom but once the icing crusted then I was able to take the toothpicks out.

Hope this helps. Good luck....I know that they'll be great!

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 12

I don't know how to add an image here, but you can find my cupcake bouquet in my photos.

First I find a flower pot or container I like. I match the diameter with a stryofoam ball. For the big one in my photos I use an 8 inch round. You can hot glue the ball to the container or just press the ball into the pot until it is tight. I usually weight the bottom of the pot too with marbles or decorative gems. Then I use floral picks (take off the wire surrounding them) and arrange my artificial flowers. Then put the cupcakes on (floral picks work great for this too, just center them) I poke the bottom of the cupcake holder with a toothpick to make a sharp point then slide it on the floral pick. Then take your icing and ice all the cupcakes so it all blends as a bouquet. I've had several people tell me you can't tell cupcakes are even on mine from a distance. Adding the artifiical flowers is an easy way to do any color scheme too!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 12

Well I have a bit of a different way of doing these I learned over on the Wilton board. All of the one's people post are beautiful, but I would be stressed the entire time that my cupcakes were going to fall off of the sticks and knowing my luck they would. So this method using rings of plastic cups as a base is much more my speed and with flower cupcakes they would look like the boquet in the link posted above. Let me know if you want me to email the directions with pictures, I think it's too big of a file to post.
There is also a really cool tutorial on you tube that shows how to do 2 different flowers

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #10 of 12

That's a neat tutorial! Just an FYI, I've never had a cupcake fall off and have been doing these for awhile now. The floral picks I buy are thicker than toothpicks and as long as they are centered, they should be fine. Also, the artificial flowers act as a stablizer around the cupcakes and provide extra support. icon_smile.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:50am
post #11 of 12

Thanks Amy, maybe I'll get brave and try to do one in a pot one of these days. I just love cupcake bouquets and cupcakes in general they are so versitile!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:00am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy410

I am trying to make a cupcake bouquet in appreciation to a teacher who has really helped me this semester. Her favorite color is yellow so I wanted to do all yellow flowers. The problem is, I don't really know where to start, what I need as far as supplies, how to assemble it, and so on. I did a search for cupcake bouquet and there was a tutorial or article but it wouldn't open up and when I did a general search I was only able to look at the 1st page and there really wasn't anything that would help me. When I tried to click on next page, nothing came up. If anyone has any advice on how to put this together, I would really appreciate it. I need it for next Monday 4/28. Thanks

Chrissy410,

If you are still unable to open up the article on cc just PM me and I'll send you a copy. I've saved it on my machine so I can try it too.

Cheers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%