Who Can Print My Edible Images For Me?

Decorating By bdrider Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 6:22pm by bdrider

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:21am
post #1 of 11

I know there has to be more companies that would be willing to print out the images I need for a fee but I have only come across 1 of them.
( and they seemed a bit costly but I have nothing to compare them to.)

I am working on a design for a donated cake to a not-for-profit organization and the images I would need printed would be 35-40 different police patches. I know the files would all be different sizes but I would need all the images to be roughly the same size.

I do not have any intention on buying the equipment as this is a free cake
and I'm super short on funds.

Anyone?
I really appreciate the help here..
icon_smile.gif

10 replies
bdrider Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:59am
post #2 of 11

Anyone?

icon_biggrin.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 11

bump

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 11

There are people on eBay who sell edible images, maybe you could contact one of them and see if they'd be willing to do it. Have you considered calling a bakery or grocery store in your area?

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 11

Some Walmarts make edible images. They run about $5.00 each. The few I've had done turned out nice. Good luck. Hope this helps a little.

mdivamelo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdivamelo Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 11

Well, I go to my local bakery w/the image and they print it for me. It costs me $9 but its so worth it, I drop it off on my lunch & pick it up on my way home. Check with your local bakery and see if they can do it for you.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 11

Have you checked your local grocery store or bakery? That's where I've been getting mine done.

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:06pm
post #8 of 11

I have read other posts that say the Walmart bakery will do it if they have the time/inclination, but I've never asked them myself.

Good luck - it sounds like it will be a cool cake if you get the images!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:06pm
post #9 of 11

I think??? Walmart will print out images for you for a fee. It seems as if I have heard this before. HTH K'ly

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:06pm
post #10 of 11

If you have that many badges then this is what I would suggest. Find someone with a scanner and scan the badges. Insert the pictures of the badges into powerpoint. That way you can resize them so they're all the same size and the size you want. Print the powerpoint slides.
Take them to Wal-Mart. I had 2 Publisher documents printed into edible images yesterday. They were $5 apiece.

HTH

Jodie

bdrider Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:22pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions and help!
How bizarre that all the Walmart's by me dont offer such a service because none of them sell cakes?

BUT another CC member very kindly offered to help me out.
Thank you Daisy114!
It will be a huge help because as I mentioned before, this is a free cake but it's important that it be a very special one. Its for MADD and I'm a very strong believer in them and what they offer.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%