Review Of New Cake Shop That Opened In Ca

Decorating By JoanneK

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 1

I went to Susan Carberry's new shop this weekend, took a class and then wrote a review for my cake clubs newsletter. I thought I would share it here too.

If any of you get a chance to go you will be thrilled!

Review of The Cake Cottage

This weekend I was lucky enough to go to Susan Carberry's new shop called the Cake Cottage in Murrieta CA. I wanted to share my experience with you.

Susan Carberry's is well known for her wonderful cakes and cookies. She has taught many classes, has had several cakes featured in cake magazines and has even been on the Food Network.

Susan has now opened up her own shop at 39429 Los Alamos Rd, Suite D, Murrieta CA.

When you first walk into The Cake Cottage you are quick to notice this is not your ordinary cake store.

The decor is darling with large pieces of white painted furniture, wood floors, sweet display baskets and pale green hand painted walls. Definitely a cottage feel!

While the shop appears to be on the small size, it is packed with tons of wonderful, high quality items. You will find many hard to find items for all your cake, cookie, gum paste and fondant projects. This shop holds way more then it seems it would. Just about everything you could want is there.

She also carries darling aprons that are different from the normal everyday baker aprons. These have great designs such as cupcakes, flowers and Eiffel Towers.

There is a separate class room that holds several students with room to spread out. It too is decorated very cute with several display cakes showing around the room.

I was able to take a class while I was there from Margaret Sturiale. She is a wonderful instructor. She explains how to do the project, does a demo and then takes the students step by step so everyone is able to follow without any problems. By the end of our class all students had their own cute and unique cake that looked like a tree stump with a sweet Fairy sitting on it and petting a butterfly.

Margaret is a fun, talented and patient instructor and I am looking forward to taking another class from her in the future.

The kitchen is in the back room which sadly I did not get to see but I'm hoping to be able to someday. It is back there that Susan and her staff does their magic making custom one of a kind cakes by order only.

I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Everyone seems to really enjoy their job there.

The Cake Cottage is having their Grand Opening on May 17th from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and they will be having free demos and chances to win prizes.

It's my advice to try and get there as I'm sure you will enjoy it. I plan to be one of the first to get there and last one to leave.

All in all I found The Cake Cottage to be a wonderful place and could not find one thing I would change about it.

For directions, class schedule or further info please go to their web site at www.thecakecottage.net

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%