Silicone Fondant Mat By Ateco

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 2:20am by golfgirl1227

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 4

I just watched SugarShacks dvd on fondant. I went online to global sugar art and there are 2 silicone mats by Ateco. One of them is blue just like the one that Sharon used, and the other one is clear and has measurements on it for ease of measuring the fondant as it is rolled. What I was wondering is if anyone knows if the clear one would work just like the blue one? When Sharon used the blue silicone mat it looked like it worked soooo easy. One more question, does anyone know what SugarShack uses for her cornstarch puff when rolling out fondant? Thanks!

3 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 4

I have both icon_smile.gif

I have the blue one which is awesome and so is the one with the tan and blue (measurements). It has measurements on it to help you with your fondant size.

Both are great investments!!

Also there is one that is a little smaller...

icon_smile.gif

Christi

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 4

I don't know what SugarShack uses but a pro around here taught us how to make one last week...she uses a diaper liner (I'm assuming you can buy those somewhere and not cut one out of a new diaper ???). It's really thin. Then she puts her PS or cornstarch in and ties it up with a rubberband. It works very well as the liner is porous. It lets just the right amount of powder onto the work surface.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:20am
post #4 of 4

I have the blue one from Ateco and use it a lot. For a cornstarch puff, use a brand new knee high. You know, like the kind you can buy in the little plastic egg for 50 cents at Wal Mart!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%