Are There Any Smart Math People Out There?????

Lounge By butternut Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 1:02am by tchrmom

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:20am
post #1 of 7

OK, I guess I'm challenged at math cause I can't figure this out. I need to purchase some mulch for my flower bed. I need to know how many cubic feet I need. Yea, right icon_rolleyes.gif The area I need to fill is 35 feet wide by 6 feet long and I need the mulch to be 2 inches thick. Can anyone tell me how in the world to figure out how many cubic feet I would need? Thank you so, so much for any help you can give me.........

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:25am
post #2 of 7

35 feet x 6 feet = 210 sq. feet.

210 sq. feet x .167 feet (2 inches) = 35 cubic feet.

butternut Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:33am
post #3 of 7

Wow Doug, I'm impressed!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Now I can go buy just the right amount that I need.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 7

Don't feel alone, I am math-challenged myself. I am so glad that we have Doug here, don't know what we'd do without him!

butternut Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 7

Yea, Doug has saved me a couple of times. He da Bomb!! thumbs_up.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:00am
post #6 of 7

When I was reading the OP, my first thought was I bet Doug will know. Then as I scrolled down I laughed out loud, as his was the next post with the correct answer! How nice we can always count on him icon_wink.gif

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:02am
post #7 of 7

I got the same answer as Doug using 35 x 6 = 210 x 1/6 (because 2" is 1/6 ft) and since I didn't have a calcuator, I didn't convert to a decimal. Hope all goes well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%