Edible Image Help - 1St Time User

Decorating By shebellas Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 1:03am by bearcreek350

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 5

HELP! icon_cry.gif

I am a dork and got an edible image made at my local cake supply store and didn't ask any directions on how to apply it!

Also, the image is only about 1/4 of the page, can I cut it down or will that mess something up? It looks like it is on some kind of backing...could I just cut it down to the size I need then peel the backing off?

Once I peel off the backing do I just lay it on the cake where I want it?

I'm sorry to ask all these silly newbie questions, but I only have one shot at this!

Thanks!
Veronica

4 replies
stacyt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyt Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

As far as cutting it, I have no clue. But you can put it where ever you want. When I got one, the ladies told me to put it on almost immediately after I iced the cake because that moisture will "melt" the image on the cake. BUT once its on the cake...it's on the cake. There should be a backing on it that just peels right off. Also, she suggested if its a little tough to peel, just stick it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. I didn't need to do this but she said it can help. Sorry I don't know about the cutting, I really can't think of anything that it could possibly mess up... but I don't want to give any bad advise.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

Yes you can cut them. If you keep it in a zip lock bag it will stay soft. You could always use the extra piece for coloring something with edible markers and apply it.

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5

Thanks everyone!

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:03am
post #5 of 5

You've probably already done your cake, but another tip for next time. I place my trimmed pic in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Makes it super easy to remove the backing paper. Also, I have a little spray bottle. I mist the cake before I place the picture on. I wait for the frosting to crust before I can use a paper towel on it, so I have to re-wet it a bit before placing my photo on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%