Drying Gel Colour On Colour Flow

Decorating By punkinpie Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm by punkinpie

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!

I am in a panic. I made little colour flow* lady bugs. I used Wilton black gel colour to make the dots etc. It's not drying and I need to put them on a cake
tomorrow evening. Basically I've got 24 hours to dry the little bugs. I've been holding a cool hair dryer on them for 20 minutes and no noticeable difference.

Anybody have any idea what I can do.

Thanks!!!!

*really thinned out royal - is that the same as colour flow??

4 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 5

I use RI for my color flow as well I let mine dry overnight. It should be ok. Just put them on right before you need then. HTH

punkinpie Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:45am
post #3 of 5

Sorry I should have been more specific - it's actually the colour gel that's not drying.

I've only got 12 hours left to dry the little creatures. They didn't dry much over night at all icon_sad.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 5

You should have no problems handling them after 24 hrs. I'm guessing the humidity of your area is effecting the drying process.
Are the spots really that big that you can't find a couple places to put your fingers w/o touching the black? Can't you slip a spatula under them the support w/a finger to transper/place them? I'm just not understanding how it can be such a problem.

punkinpie Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 5

They are very tiny, so there is no way I can pick them up without smudging. The black tip on the end is the most problem as the black gel will touch the buttercream cake and I'm afraid it will run.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%