How To Get Licensed In Alabama?

Business By giftsbystefani Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 8:33pm by CNCS

giftsbystefani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giftsbystefani Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 4

I would really like to go legal by renting out kitchen space.

I live in Alabama can anyone offer me any tips or steps on who I need to contact 'first' for information? Or can you tell me how you did it and how hard was the process? I figured renting space would be the would the most economically way to start.

thanks

3 replies
wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:51am
post #2 of 4

What part of AL are you in? I've been licensed since the 1st of Sept and live in North AL area (Hartselle). I rent my kitchen and decorating space from a local downtown Deli. I'll be happy to share my experience and what I know if you will pm me. There's more to do than meets the eye and too complicated to answer in one swoop. Our county inspectors are pretty tough here. But it's not impossible. Pam from Bama

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 4

Call you local health dept and find out what is required from one of the depts environmentalists.

I got my license in October I had to take the serve safe course and had to build a seperated building on my property to do my baking and candy making out of.

In MS the restaurant association is in charge of the serve safe classes.

Go to the serve safe web site and search for your state.

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 4

Call you local health dept and find out what is required from one of the depts environmentalists.

I got my license in October I had to take the serve safe course and had to build a seperated building on my property to do my baking and candy making out of.

In MS the restaurant association is in charge of the serve safe classes.

Go to the serve safe web site and search for your state.LINK...

http://www.servsafe.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%