Help With Disco Dust

Decorating By banba Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 5:51pm by krazykat_14

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 2

I have made a fondant shoe for a little girls birthday cake and want to put some disco dust on it.

The fondant shoe is dry and I am not sure how to stick the disco dust to it.

I don't think it needs to be mixed with anything like when using luster dust. Do I just mist the shoe with water or something like that?

Was thinking of using aine2's glue but don't know how that would work out?TIA

1 reply
krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 2

Well, I haven't used Disco Dust
before, so I'm not sure what the consistency is or how it is different from Luster Dust , but I would imagine that if you wanted to paint it on heavily, add a drop or two of vodka or almond/vanilla/lemon extract (the alchohol evaporates out of it when it dries) until you get the right consistency to paint. If you just want a light shimmer on the shoe, you could either mix the dust with the liquid mentioned above only much thinner, or if you have an air brush, you could mix it very very thin and spray it on...

Sorry I can't help with the aine2's glue, I've had NO experience with that... As far as just using water, I think it might do bad things to the surface of the fondant that you don't want to happen. Try it on a scrap piece of fondant first- I always have scraps laying around- try out a few different things and see what works best for you- then let us know!

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%