How Would I Replicate This Onto A Cake???

Decorating By Honey_Cakes Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 9:27am by Honey_Cakes

Honey_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey_Cakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:37am
post #1 of 5

Hi my friend wants me to replicate one of these designs onto cupcakes but im not very good at painting etc. I though maybe I could cut out layers to give the same flower effect but am not sure how to do this?? Any ideas or suggestions would be great! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

4 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:58am
post #2 of 5

I think you should try edible image transfers. Take the image to a local bakery and have them scan and print them. You can then top ice your cupcakes the background color and add the cut-out red rose to the top. For a 3-d effect, your leaves could be made of icing.

saracupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saracupcake Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 7:16am
post #3 of 5

Peggy Porschen's latest book has a cake called "Homage to Cath Kidston" and she used the top fabric on your post. There is a template that you can use to make a colour flow out of Royal Icing. (with really good instructions) If you did this you could make the roses in advance. The rest of the book is gorgeous so you could probably use it for more than just the template.

Whatever you do remember and upload the pictures of them so we can see.

HTH

Sara

saracupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saracupcake Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 7:21am
post #4 of 5

Hi, I probably should have mentioned that the book is called "Romantic Cakes" just in case you decide to try looking for it .

Sara

Honey_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honey_Cakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 9:27am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much for your advice. I HAVE THIS BOOK!! I cant believe I didnt even look in any of my books. I'd never heard of her before so it didnt click! Now the scary part........how to do a flood design EK!! icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%