Need Kid Friendly Recipes...........

Baking By lionladydi Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 4:33pm by buzymom1975

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing a cooking column for our local paper. Each week I feature some sort of national holiday like "National Peach Cobbler Day" or "National Peanut Month" or whatever. I have been asked to feature some recipes easy for kids to make and thought I would do it for the week of Mother's Day. Does anyone have any simple recipes that kids could make for their moms?

TIA

Diane

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #2 of 8

http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/fruit-bouquet.html

I think these are really cool.......might be hard to explain, but I would love to get these on mother's day for breakfast

Or what about chocolate dipped fruit??? Like strawberries, pineapple, canteloupe?? You could give directions on making a ganache or something to go with the fresh fruit.

lionladydi Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 8

For some reason I wasn't notified that you had posted. Thanks for the link but that's not exactly what I had in mind. I want something that they could prepare easily and that they would like to eat also. I'm thinking maybe a breakfast pizza. Sad, but true, so many kids don't have a dad in the home to help with it so I wanted something they could do on their own if they had to.

I remember making breakfast for my mom when I was little. At the time I didn't find it strange that it was the only day she stayed in bed late. Didn't occur to me that she was letting us surprise her. I didn't have trouble making breakfast as my mom started me out cooking when I was 4 or 5. By the time I was 8, I could put supper on the table by myself. Don't think that happens much these days.

Seems like I always see recipes aimed at kids doing the cooking all the time. Now that I really need some, I'm finding them hard to come by. icon_lol.gif

diane

buzymom1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzymom1975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 8

Try going to foodnetwork.com

Sometimes they have kids friendly recipes that you may be able to use. Good Luck lionladydi

lionladydi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks. So far every search I do for recipes for kids brings me to sites that have inventive ways of fixing food so kids will eat it. I need an inventive way of kids fixing food so their moms will eat it. icon_lol.gif

We have had a request that we advertise for recipes from the community so the next issue, I'll ask for recipes for Mother's Day and see if I come up with anything.

Diane

buzymom1975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 8

Found this page....let me know if it helps

http://www.recipeladies.com/kidscooking.html

lionladydi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much buzymom1975. That is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find. Don't have time to go over the recipes right now but will sort through them later.

I really appreciate your effort in finding this site. thumbs_up.gif

Diane

buzymom1975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 8

NP lionladydi....actually helps me too, I have kids (11 and 13) who like to do their own cooking. The 11 yr old has ADHD and I supervise real closely, but if he can do some on his own, he feels better bout himself. The 13 yr old wants to start babysitting and think this will come in handy for her. Glad it helped though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%