Out Of The Mouth Of Babes!!! I Laughed!!!

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 12:30am by playingwithsugar

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 7

So my daughter is in preschool and all the Mom's know one another.Everyone knows I do cakes and cookies etc....So one of the Moms last week says." Brooke wants a Hannah Montana cake this year but I don't know if Darren(Hubby) can do it" apparently they have this traditional that Daddy makes the kids birthday cakes every year..Cute!! I admire the attempt!! so she is humming and hawing all week saying well I don't know etc..so I give her my card with my website on it ...whatever...leave it at that! The next preschool day she says how wonderful my cakes are and they looked for over a hour and Brooke fell in love with my Hannah Montana Cupcake cake I had on there...Okay....great.. icon_rolleyes.gif .but she never actaully says she wants/orders it.So last friday she comes up to me and says "Darren is going to make the cake"..okay fine..I am really booked anyway!! So I take my daughter to the birthday party on Saturday and low and behold....his cake is designed and sorta decorated exactly like the one I had on my site!!! icon_evil.gif I mean...of course it wasn't professional looking etc but you could tell it was my design from the site...so my daughter walks over to the cake and says really loud...."Hey Mom....Brooke's cake looks like the Hannah Montana cake you have on your website" ha!ha! I just about busted a gut and the Mom stood there in horror and didn't know what to say and of course all the Mom's kinda just laughed like you do in a awkward situation!!! Gotta love my kid for knowing my work!!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Can we say Busted!!!What a moron!! and she thought I wouldn't notice!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

6 replies
AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 7

Whoo-hoo! Kudos to your daughter for busting her!!! icon_biggrin.gif She deserved to be embarrassed!!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 7

wow
she knew you were coming to the party and did it anyway
man what a genious
hope she doesnt expect her kid to be in advanced or gifted classes

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, it humorous but.....when you put anything on the web you are open to people copying it.
Imitation is flattery.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:14am
post #5 of 7

I hope you bought that little girl a big ice cream cone on the way home! thumbs_up.gif

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:21am
post #6 of 7

How funny! Smart Girl!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:30am
post #7 of 7

Wow, does your daughter have your back, or what? A big hug for her, for watching out for mom!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%