Cupcakes?

Decorating By toodledoo Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 1:14am by leily

toodledoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodledoo Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 9

I was thinking of making some cupcakes for my son's school bake sale. However, they need to be individually wrapped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this without squishing the icing?

8 replies
JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 9

They have little boxes that are just perfect for one cupcake.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 9

Wow, I wish I had an economical answer. The individual boxes are very nice, but they get expensive, especially if you are already donating the cupcakes. I have put individual cookies in cellophane baggies once the icing crusts. I don't know if this would work for cupcakes or not.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 9

Would a cellophane bag, stapled or taped shut count as individually wrapped for them?

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 9

if you are using a crusting bc, you can place them upright in clear cellophane goodie bags (20 pk at walmart for just over a dollar) and tie with the silver twistie that comes with it or a ribbon (quarter inch ribbon 10 yard roll at walmart 44cents). just tie the bag up a bit higher so that it doesnt squeeze or squish the icing.

kendi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendi25 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 9

Wlmart have some tiny dixie bowls - I think you should look at it, very inexpensive too. They are really small

Jmtreu98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jmtreu98 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 9

I just did cupcakes for my daughter's bakesale. If you have Michaels by you they sell 3 packs of cupcake boxes. Each indivual box holds 4 regular size cupcakes. I think it was $4.99 for the 3 pack. They worked great!

You could also try a local bakery. Sometimes they are willing to sell the plastic containers for cupcakes.

Good Luck,

Jeanene

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #8 of 9

I'm not sure if this would work, but I just imagined using brown lunch bags. You could put the cupcake in the bag with a little dab of royal icing underneath it to "glue" it down. You could label each bag with what's in it and maybe have a few out to display what is inside the bag....I don't think it would be heavy enough to weigh down the bottom of the bag but it's worth a try. you'd have to wait until the frosting crusts up though.

To seal it, you could fold it down and staple it shut...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 1:14am
post #9 of 9

I think the topic was lost in the crash, but I remember recently someone put them into small plastic cups so transport and then you can put that cup in a bag.

Otherwise stop by McD's and see if you can get some of their sundae cups w/lids!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%