What Decorating Tips Make What Designs?

Decorating By maiya_1 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 1:15am by kakeladi

maiya_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maiya_1 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 8

I have several Wilton tips, but I don't know what some of them are for. I can always just play around with the designs, and sometimes that works.

does anyone know where I can find a list of the tips and what design they make? I know some of the wilton books have them but I was hoping to find something like that online?

Thanks!

7 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 8

Ateco has a manual online, I was able to save each picture individually and print them off for myself! As far as I know, the tip numbers are the same for Wilton and Ateco. icon_smile.gif

http://atecousa.net//learn/cake-decorating-manual.html

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 8

The Ateco one is great! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see more detail of how the tips can be used.

-allison

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 8

I love that Ateco site! I'm getting some new ideas for borders. icon_biggrin.gif I really just need to spend some time practicing..... icon_cry.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 8

Buy any of the Wilton yearbook magazines. In the back they have all of the tip numbers grouped into "round tips" "star tips" and so forth. They also give the "how to" for most borders.

maiya_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maiya_1 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:51am
post #7 of 8

Wow, thanks everyone! Very helpful! Much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:15am
post #8 of 8

Wilton had a book out yrs ago - "The Wilton Way of Decorating - a complete Encyclopedia Vol. 3" that goes over almost ever tip - showes them and many of the things that can be done w/it. It is out of print but often available on eBay. I highly recommend it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%