Hurry, Quick....i Need An Idea

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm by kakeladi

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:40am
post #1 of 7

for a wedding shower. The girl already got married but never had a bridal shower. They want me to do a wedding cake for the shower but was never told as to what design, how many people, colors, nothing. So I was thinking of doing something extremely simple. All white maybe round or square. But I don't have any idea for the design. Can someone help me? I need ideas quick because I have to get this done by Saturday. Thanks

6 replies
hwnhulahands Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:41am
post #2 of 7

And I was thinking of doing a 2-tiered cake.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #3 of 7

I'd go back to them and at LEAST get the basics - how many peoplen they need to serve, if they're looking for something specific.

hwnhulahands Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #4 of 7

I talked to one of the lady's that is involved with the shower and she said that maybe about 20 people will be there so I was thinking maybe a 8 and 6 inch or a 10 and 8 inch.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 7

Don't sell yourself short. Give them your price per serving and a couple of options on sizes. Tell them how many it will serve. Since you don't have long to find an idea why not go into the gallery and just pick something that will be easy for you and still look great. Good Luck!

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 7

I just saw this cake earlier on the home page from cakesbyallison

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=40281

you can change the color of the bow or the cornelli lace or just keep it white. Very cute cake and design.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 7

I'm sure by now you have already settled on size but definately I would'nt go more than 8 & 5 or 6 tieres for only 20 people.

There are soooo many simple, elegant designs. All white can be very elegant - swiss dots; ribbon around the bottom of each tier. &/ OR cornelli lace on the ribbon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%