What's Your Favorite Poured Fondant For Petit Fours?

Baking By DoniB Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 12:49am by Classycakes

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:54am
post #1 of 4

I have a yen to try my hand at petit fours, but the poured fondant intimidates me. icon_razz.gif I know... silly! But the last time I tried them, I hadn't found CC and tried something I found online... nuking regular store-bought icing. That did Not Go Well At All. icon_razz.gif

So I'm ready to try again, but would like some advice from the wonderful folks here! icon_smile.gif

Favorite recipes? I'm also open to favorite cake/filling suggestions and any tutorials you've found that are uber-helpful. icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance!
DoniB

3 replies
Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:22am
post #2 of 4

I haven't had much luck either with poured fondant. They came out so sloppy with bits of cake showing. Not a pretty sight!

I'm interested in hearing some of the responses too because I have 300 to make for a wedding in August. My plans are to cover them with rolled fondant because of my lack of success with poured fondant.

I think I remember seeing a response from a CC member a few months ago suggesting melting candy melts with whipped cream (like a ganache). I don't recall if anything else is added but maybe someone might remember and let you know.

Good luck!

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

I think poured fondant is too sweet, but I don't like the taste of rolled fondant on petit fours.

Does anyone have a slightly less-sweet poured fondant recipe?

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 4

DoniB, there were a couple of pictures showing beautiful petite fours on the "Popular Cake" part of CC's home page. They were made by Cake Journal. She has a website www.cakejournal.com that has a tutorial showing the recipe for poured fondant and how to do it. Her work is amazing - they are the best looking petite fours! You should check it out because I think you'll find it very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%