How Do I Do This?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm by msdmom

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:21am
post #1 of 8

i've been asked to do a cake like the picture below which i can but can someone tell me how to do the baby carriage? whats it made of fondant or sugar mold?how can i do something similar?
LL

7 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:24am
post #2 of 8

If you look at my pics I made a bassinet this weekend a little bigger I made it out of rice krispy

Molly2

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:26am
post #3 of 8

Could you use one of the larger plastic easter eggs as a mold and make it out of fondant?

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:29am
post #4 of 8

I tried doing just fondant it didn't hold up very well I used a small egg shape pan it was a little to small so I ended up using the small oval pan

Molly2

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:36am
post #5 of 8

It's hard to tell from the pic but it could be a sugar molded egg or you could use gp (mixed w/fondant). I'm guessing fondant or gp. Sugar molding was used mainly before gp caught onicon_smile.gif
A sugar mold or gp will hold up fine as would fondant w/Tylose added.

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:37am
post #6 of 8

In the Wilton Tiered Cakes Book page 46 there is the cutest baby carriage on top of a tiered cake and one of my students made it. The egg pan is what they used and a mix of fondant and gumpaste to mold in that shape. It gives step by step instructions. The carriage is "balanced" on lollipop sticks and the wheels are either cookies or fondant.

Good luck!

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 8

what if i don't have an egg shaped mold what can i use instead?

msdmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdmom Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 8

I would suggest a piece of foam cut and covered with a thin layer of fondant for the base of the bassinet

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%