How Much Would You Charge For ?

Decorating By catin Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 2:36am by busymom9431

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:15am
post #1 of 3

I know this a very popular question amongs the Forum members . But I just need to be sure before I go ahead and quote .

I got a request by a Friend of mine , to make two Cakes . One will be Rolie Polie Olie (made from a ball pan - body and head ) covered in Buttercream and accented with Fondant . The other one will be Billy (Rolie Polie's Friend ) ...Made from 1/4 sheet for the body and head , covered in Buttercream and accented with fondant as well .

I've been struggling with a quote for two days now ... I don't want to charge her too much .

I was thinking because she is a close friend of mine I would only charge her for the ingrediences needed to make them . But I'm not quite sure . Can anyone help me out !

Julie

2 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:39am
post #2 of 3

Cost of ingredients + (reasonable amount per hour of your time x hours needed to bake, decorate, and clean up). This method frequently makes people's jaws drop since they severely underestimate the time required.

If they're really good friends, then yep, I've been known to make things at cost. It really depends on the situation.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:36am
post #3 of 3

There is a lot of work in those 2 cakes. It is soooooooooo hard to start charging what a cake is worth once you go down the path of not doing it even if it is a good friend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%