Boohbah Cake

Decorating By wendydou Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm by wendydou

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:48am
post #1 of 9

I'm thinking wondermold pan and maybe a cupcake for the head... any other ideas?? I don't know much about these "things".. are they aliens??? what are they?? I'd love some opinions and ideas... Thanks!!!

Wendy

8 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:23am
post #2 of 9

Wendy, I wish I didn't know about this things-uugghh but for some reason my 3 y/o son loves these weirdos and I thought the Teletubbies were insane.
They live in some some type of pod and they're all about getting the kids off the couch at the early toddler stage to do exercises and such. (Well that's what the lady at the PBS Hawaii station told me when they went on in place of the Teletubbies much to my then 2 y/o daughter's tearful shagrin) but I digress.
I actually made one of these one time as a joke for my husband who when he saw them said "I think I need a drink-it's 8:00 a.m. here but it's 5:00 p.m. somewhere".
You're on the right track about how to make it. I made the body with the wondermold and put an extra large cupcake on the head. I put two dowels in it to hold it up. I then used that tip that you use to make grass with (can't find it right now) for the fur or whatever that is and made the head, eyes & hands out of fondant. I made the yellow one and put some luster dust on it as well. I had pictures but then my lap top got stolen and that's where I had them. HTH

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:27am
post #4 of 9

My youngest loves these weird looking things too. We have all 5 in all 5 colours dotted around the house icon_rolleyes.gif I may have to make one of these also for his birthday.

wendydou Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:05am
post #5 of 9

Amia, you don't have to say what they look like, I already think that icon_eek.gif

Thanks for all the info - I'm not a huge fondant person so I"ll start playing.. Pic of cakes would be fab if anyone has them.. I only saw two in the gallery..

I Tivo'd the show, but it isn't on until next weekend.. I guess there isn't a huge calling for these guys on tv?? Now Spongebob, I can find.. LOL

Thanks again!!!
Wendy

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendydou

Amia, you don't have to say what they look like, I already think that icon_eek.gif

Thanks for all the info - I'm not a huge fondant person so I"ll start playing.. Pic of cakes would be fab if anyone has them.. I only saw two in the gallery..

I Tivo'd the show, but it isn't on until next weekend.. I guess there isn't a huge calling for these guys on tv?? Now Spongebob, I can find.. LOL

Thanks again!!!
Wendy

You can probably find them on PBSKIDS.org or something if you want to see them before they TiVO for you. They are creepy. I'm glad my kids dismissed the teletubbies and Booh-bahs! Weirdos! icon_lol.gif Can you say, "uncircumcised?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif OK, that was just wrong. Sorry! icon_lol.gif

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendydou

I Tivo'd the show, but it isn't on until next weekend.. I guess there isn't a huge calling for these guys ojavascript:emoticon('icon_lol.gif')
Laughingn tv?? Now Spongebob, I can find.. LOL

Thanks again!!!
Wendy

You can probably find them on PBSKIDS.org or something if you want to see them before they TiVO for you. They are creepy. I'm glad my kids dismissed the teletubbies and Booh-bahs! Weirdos! icon_lol.gif Can you say, "uncircumcised?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif OK, that was just wrong. Sorry! icon_lol.gif

Glad to know I'm not the only mom with her mind in the gutter icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Thank goodness my son is a hardcore Spongebob fan (and even Spongebob annoys me, but it could be so much worse!).

wendydou Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm
post #9 of 9

hehehehhehehe...

I've done Spongebob and I"m ok with that..

It's like the Doodlebops too - they freak me out too.. I actually wrote to Disney a long time ago because they took the Wiggles off air to replace them with Doodlebops - they are just as bizarre!!

Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%