Great News!?

Business By saberger Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 1:01am by kakeladi

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 3

So, I have some possible good news. I contacted a place near me that is like an indoor playground and they do kids birthday parties on the weekend. They are new and didn't have anyone to do there cakes, so I went and introduced myself. To make a long story short, she wants to use me for the cakes/cupcakes/cookies, but I am concerned since I a not licensed. I didn't say anything to her for fear of losing he potential business, but I really am not interested in getting her into any trouble (or myself).

So here is the thing: there is a kitchen on the premises and I am thinking it would be great if I could approach her to use it and get my license. What do you think? How do I do this without shooting myself in the rear and losing the biz? Any suggestions?


2 replies
lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:40am
post #2 of 3

I definitely would get the ball rolling on the licensing thing. You could rack up a big fine for you and her I'm sure. I live in Georgia and it was free for the health inspector to come out and the license only cost $70. Well worth the time and effort. Good luck with getting started, sounds like a great opportunity.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:01am
post #3 of 3

Sounds like a perfect co op for the both of you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%