Time To Brag.. Post Your Favorite Cake That You Made!

Decorating By steffla Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 12:12am by Jayde

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:37pm
post #181 of 252

BakingGirl, OMGosh that is the coolest Vader cake I've ever seen. Seriously, that's a masterpiece!

This is my second cake and I like it better than my first. I guess that makes it my favorite. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #182 of 252

This is my new favorite! icon_biggrin.gif I made it this weekend for my niece's baptism.

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1225357

AmyGonzalez Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:57pm
post #183 of 252

Oh, and this is another of my favorites icon_biggrin.gif ( I have alot icon_lol.gif )

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1239258

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #184 of 252

This one was so fun (AND CHALLENGING!) for an out of state customer having a party here in kc, all I had was a pic of the gal's high heel...talk about nerve wracking!
LL

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:27pm
post #185 of 252

Shoot, I can't figure out how to post a photo. I'll have to post the link.

This one I think was my favorite one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1210528

And this one was the most fun to make because it made everyone laugh:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1194749

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #187 of 252

robinscakes
You are so talented! I love both your cakes! icon_biggrin.gif I love the story behind the devil cake! icon_twisted.gif I want a purse just like your cake! icon_wink.gif

jammjenks,
Your cake is too cute! Very creative and talented! thumbs_up.gif

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:49am
post #188 of 252

Wow! I stopped getting emails about this one and have missed so much! What amazing cakes , I am so glad this thread continues...

My new favorite I think, my version of the rump cake:
LL

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #189 of 252

I hated making this one (and never will again) but I loved the result and it's my favorite to this day...
LL

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:59pm
post #190 of 252

Here is mine! It was so much fun, but took forever.
LL

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:06pm
post #191 of 252

You guys those cakes are awesome! They deserve 1,000 views/comments! AWESOME WORK! (Let's NOT go into how many sleepless nights of planning and executing went into these bad boys!) LOL!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #192 of 252

Here is mine (quite a few sleepless nights on this) I'll post the link. I don't know how to post pic!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1233053.html

I like this thread have not seen it until now!

Thanks,
Jessica

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:18pm
post #193 of 252

I just found this thread as well, and haven't had a chance to read all of it..I have done so many cakes, but this cake was my most fun to do.
LL

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #194 of 252

Yay! I'm glad another thread like this was started--I LOVE seeing everyone's cakes! (I haven't gone through them all yet, oh but I will icon_biggrin.gif ).

Here's my favorite... It was inspired by EmmasCakes and it is so simple but I love the overall look!
LL

fbaaheth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm
post #196 of 252

My favorite is my mom's 60th Birthday cake. Took me roughly a month to prep all the details and get the cake together. Good thing I do this for fun and not for money.
LL

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:17pm
post #197 of 252

This one is by far my all time favorite....I spent about a week working on Blue and thought he wasnt' going to turn out...but, I think he looks great!! I made him out of rkt and modeling chocolate made out of blue candy melts....the other characters were made of 50/50 fondant gumpaste mix.

I really do think we all put extra special love and attention to our own kid's cakes!!
LL

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #198 of 252

This is my favorite because I was so impressed with myself that I could do something like this! icon_lol.gif

The cake was inspired by cc'ers. I took it to a cake show (sharing show only, so no chance at awards icon_sad.gif ) and had lots of great comments on it.
LL

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:39pm
post #200 of 252

This is my favorite because it is "all me."

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1218120

I have used this site so many times for inspiration! You guys are the cream of the crop!!!

Thanks for letting us brag! : )

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #201 of 252

Here's a few of mine...
LL
LL
LL

nicole379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole379 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm
post #202 of 252

Wow! This is one of my favorite threads here on CC. I've spent about 6 hours in here today!

I just very recently got into cake decorating and I absolutely love it. So far I have made a birthday cake for my husband, a birthday cake for my mom, a birthday cake for my DD, a birthday cake for a family friend, and a birthday cake for my brothers fiance, and a father's day cake for my dad and a 4th of July cake.

My favorites are the princess castle cake I put HOURS and HOURS of work into - and my first fondant cake that was for my brothers fiance.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:42am
post #203 of 252

It changes all the time but here's my fave for right now...

I love looking at all the great cakes!!!
LL

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:15am
post #204 of 252

I'm so glad this thread popped back up again. WOW! I missed seeing so many of these cakes! They are amazing! As I sat here and went through the pages I would see a picture and think -- that's my favorite, then I would page through and see others and think oh, no, that's my favorite. ! They are all wonderful in their own right.

When this thread originally started I posted my Hawiian Bridal Shower cake which at that time was my favorite of the cakes I had made. Now I have a new favorite. It is the cake I made for the Mid-Atlantic Cake Show. It was a hugh challenge for me. I put lots of blood, sweat and tears into the cake, but in the end was pretty happy with my results. There were things I could have definitely improved on and if I had more time, would have done differently.
Here's a link to the cake.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1211430

Keep the cakes coming! I can't believe how many great cakes I have missed seeing before! icon_surprised.gif

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:34am
post #205 of 252

This is my new favorite cake...I love seeing everyone's favorites. This is such a fun thread!
LL

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:10am
post #206 of 252

I spent sooo many hours on this cake! icon_eek.gif Loved the way it turned out though. It's sort of like giving birth each time huh??? icon_razz.gif My cakeboard wasn't sturdy enough though and the bc on my 1/2 sheet cracked! icon_mad.gif It ended up being ok just because of the "workzone" thing. I definitely won't forget that the next time I have such a heavy cake..... icon_redface.gif

Can't figure out the attachment thing so it's the dumptruck cake in my pics!! icon_lol.gif

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:57am
post #207 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

This cake is amazing! What part of it is the cake??

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #208 of 252

hahah my favourite cakes arent my own icon_smile.gif
I am constantly calling in one of my family members into my room so they can admire someone else's cake icon_smile.gif

My two favourites of OTHER decorators is definitely jkalman's baby cake for her niece and one which is a three tiered baby blue winnie the pooh cake with chocolate transfer characters on the side - I printed it off and didnt save it as a favourite photo.

Actually I lie but these are the few pictures I saw on here when I joined CC that really gave me something to aim for. What is weird is that I cant even remember what I was looking for when I came by this site.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:08pm
post #209 of 252

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1230274.html

Ok...here's my link....my computer was acting a little funky last night!! icon_confused.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #210 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mija10417

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

This cake is amazing! What part of it is the cake??

Thanks!! The whole thing is cake except for the bow of the boat...and the sail is gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%