Need Help From Other Home Bakers...insurance/kitchen Layouts

Business By chrissysconfections Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 5:16pm by indydebi

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 2

I've been offered the potential to open my own shop by remodeling my basement. DH and I have been batting the idea around for months now and have decided we are gonna give it a shot. I posted a couple weeks ago about what I would need...the "must haves" of the business and got great responses. I then hit the forums for layout ideas and much to my dismay most of the posts with pictures fell prey to the database crash. The topics are still there but once you click the link it says "no replies have posted to this topic" So I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share you pics again.

Also I noticed some topics about insurance. Is there a type of insurance we should carry or must carry. I'll be honest, I never really thought of it before but as I was cruising through looking for pictures I noticed quite a few topics on it but alas, they were lost too. icon_cry.gif

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 2

My kitchen is not a basement, but it gives you some layout ideas. Pics are on my Flickr site ... link below.

Contact your insurance agent. If he is licensed to sell commercial insurance (and most of them are since that's where the big money is) he will be able to advise you on what you need ...liability ins, equipment insurance, workers comp if you have employees, comm'l auto coverage (DON'T try using your personal car for deliveries if you dont' have commercial auto insurance! This is just as bad as selling a cake from an illegal kitchen .... it's ok to do, until you're caught!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%