Grooms Cake Serving Sizes

Decorating By ALVARGA Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm by indydebi

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 2

I am new and need some help on a grooms cake. My son just got engaged and I am making the wedding cake and grooms cake for next years wedding. They are planning for 100-125 guests. How many people should the wedding cake serve and how many people should the grooms cake serve? Wedding cake for 100 and grooms cake for 50?
I have only done one big reception and it was a 50 year anniversary so there was no grooms cake. Also if we have grooms cupcakes how many would you suggest? Thanks for all your help!!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 2

Ask the couple how they want it. I've seen websites in which they (the baker, the caterer, whoever) requires the grooms cake to be 50% of hte wedding cake and I"ve seen them require an even split. .... wedding cake serves 100 then grooms cake must serve 100.

Every groom's cake I've ever done or I've ever seen at a wedding has been a token cake ... only serves 15-20 or so, MtAYBE 30. Most of them don't even get cut at the wedding ... the couple eats it later or the family eats it while cleaning up the reception room after the event is over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%