Luck's Shimmering Airbrush Colors

Decorating By littlecake Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 4:36pm by CakesByLJ

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:11am
post #1 of 11

i just got the catalog a few days ago, has anyone tried these?

10 replies
TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 8:40am
post #2 of 11

No, but I saw them too and thinking of getting them. will let you know.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #3 of 11

I've used the Shimmering Silver but sprayed in on black fondant in hopes that it would shine it up. No such luck. It really just turned it gray and wasn't really shiny at all. I'm assuming it would work better on a lighter color though.

KimAZ

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:20am
post #4 of 11

I just bought the gold and silver I sprayed a faded dummy display cake with the gold and it was great.
Then I used the silver over a lavander to finish it does seem more like pearl but if it was used on white it would work better best thing was it didn't clog my airbrush.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 11

I have the gold, silver, pearl, pink and blue. I've only tried the silver and pearl and loved both. I used the pearl spray on an entire ivory cake and also on a loop bow that was colored brown and it worked great. Currently i'm using the silver on some mardi gras gumpaste masks that I'm making on a cake and it's great because you can use a little for a little shimmer or a lot in stages and it gives the same look the silver non-edible highlighter gives. Love it and want every color!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 11

I have the silver and I have to say it wasn't that good.I got better results with mixing my own silver and vodka!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:47am
post #7 of 11

I have these and they work great for me....I used the green for St Patty's day beer cake and the white for a girly cake....you have to shake'em up good before ya pour'em in the cup....I love'emicon_wink.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:05am
post #8 of 11

I've used the gold and silver and has worked fine. The only thing is that you have to shake them well. For the price I think it is well worth it. Beats having to mix up your own. I am ordering all the new colors as I can see using this more since it is already mixed. Has anyone tried the new edible image pattern strips?

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:28pm
post #9 of 11

Nope, not yet...but I plan on trying them out as well. Some of them are so cool!!!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 11

I've gotten the pearl one from Bakery Craft and absolutely love it, I've been a mean, pearl spraying machine! lol

and you do have to shake them well, in between uses also.

and to keep my airbrush clear I clean it well before I put it away.

I also clean it around every 7th or 10th cupfull just in case.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 11

I have the gold and silver....... both are fine.. a lite color, not heavy at all... I also have the Bakery Craft Pearl, and love it too.. also lite, not heavy.. neither clogged my airbrush.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%